Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Gear for Infinite Space? by paborden @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

I don\'t have my notes in front of me, but it was cams in the purple camalot to green camalot size to a green alien in the roof if I recall correctly. Also would wrap the big block that\'s at the intersection to outer space. Somewhat pumpy but larg
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Gear for Infinite Space? by slevin @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: ShakesALot That\\\'s not really my recollection of it. I recall pretty easy terrain to a boulder problem in the final roof (green alien?). YMMV but if your definition of \\\"ground-up\\\" style means placing gear on
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Gear for Infinite Space? by ShakesALot @ 10/30/14 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: slevinI think it\\\'s a perfect route to project in ground-up style - falls are clean, gear is super-G and it\\\'s a power-endurance route, not a boulder problem up high. Looks like I need to buy some cams before I can try it pr
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Gear for Infinite Space? by Rickster @ 10/30/14 04:15 PM

Maybe so Seth. But, there are two other videos of the route with the same exact gear placements, different climbers, same videographer. Someone, or more, got the free ride.
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Gear for Infinite Space? by slevin @ 10/30/14 03:05 PM

I think it\'s a perfect route to project in ground-up style - falls are clean, gear is super-G and it\'s a power-endurance route, not a boulder problem up high. Looks like I need to buy some cams before I can try it properly, though.
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Gear for Infinite Space? by SethG @ 10/30/14 02:06 PM

Rickster I assumed Boris placed the gear on lead but that he had to work the route to get the redpoint/pinkpoint and that the video clip is of the final, successful attempt. They have another video of Supper\'s Ready in which I figure similar tactics
Sponsored