Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Other Climbing Areas
Jump to new posts Re: Some chockstones are bigger than most. by chip @ 11/20/14 11:27 PM

Pretty impressive! One wonders how long it as been there since there is so much weathering over only the top half. Can 10k years of Norwegian weather round off granitic rock that much? I doubt it, sooo how many glacial ages has it seen in that positi
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by chip @ 11/20/14 11:23 PM

Very sorry to hear. Thanks for letting us know.
Real Estate Listings
Jump to new posts Room for rent in High Falls by Mim @ 11/20/14 12:40 AM

This is from a friend of mine: \"We are offering a seasonal rental in our beautiful 1860s house in the Gunks. The rental includes private bedroom, shared access to kitchen, wood stove room, bath, and laundry. This rental is ideal for climbers (
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by Elwood54 @ 11/19/14 07:44 PM

http://fringesfolly.com/2014/11/18/focusing-in-on-death/
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by donald perry @ 11/19/14 02:45 AM

https://www.facebook.com/boris.morocho.5/posts/10203690037185546 RIP
General Hiking
Jump to new posts Re: Little Stony Kill Falls by pda @ 11/18/14 07:05 PM

OK, I found reference to this at NY/NJ TC site as follows: \"The Tombstone Trail, which leads from Four Mile Camp on the Smiley Carriageway to Little Stony Kill Falls, should be designated as an official trail.\" The \'trail\' right now
Other Climbing Areas
Jump to new posts Some chockstones are bigger than most. by oenophore @ 11/18/14 12:34 PM

in the Kjerag mountains in Norway
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by GOclimb @ 11/17/14 06:38 PM

My sincere condolences to her family, friends, and climbing partners. Very sad. GO
General Hiking
Jump to new posts Little Stony Kill Falls by pda @ 11/17/14 02:39 PM

Is anybody familiar with the trails in this area? The most recent NY/NJ trail conference map shows an unmarked trail/woods road through here, but I could not pick up much of anything coming down from the Smiley Carriage Road side. If you followed s
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by camhead @ 11/17/14 01:45 PM

Way tragic. We were doing Airy Aria yesterday and saw a few folks walk by the base of the cliff with some flowers. It was definitely a chilly weekend, and there were several times that my feet slipped with the cold rubber.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by donald perry @ 11/17/14 01:05 AM

So sorry to hear this is very sad.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by SethG @ 11/16/14 09:29 PM

Terrible news, I am so sorry.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by TerrieM @ 11/16/14 09:04 PM

I am sorry for your loss, Phil and Dave.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by DaveA @ 11/16/14 06:32 PM

I was friends with the climber and the accident was a fatality. I was not there but from what I understand she was on the first pitch of the Yellow Wall. She had followed the route last week without any issue and wanted to lead it this week. She
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by Phil DeNigris @ 11/16/14 06:22 PM

Unfortunately I can confirm that a wonderful young lady has passed away. She was a friend of mine.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by gfwt @ 11/16/14 05:22 PM

We saw flashing red lights yesterday, from further back in the Preserve. I understand that the accident was a fatality, but no corroboration on that
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: accident today. by donald perry @ 11/16/14 02:05 PM

0 views? maybe the site is wrong
General Climbing
Jump to new posts accident today. by donald perry @ 11/16/14 12:13 AM

Sirens blaring and multiple vehicles all over the place. First to head down the carrage road (from my perspective) were two state troopers ... walking most of the way. Anyone know what happened?
Sponsored