Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (rustyrabbit, 1 invisible), 2 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Many T H A N K S by tallgirlnyc @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

To the person who turned my lost Miuras in to the rangers and to Dave and Bob for ushering them safely to the visitor's center!! This is community! Thank you.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by oenophore @ 04/21/14 04:13 PM

"but hell, no one ever sucked balls" Silly metaphor, isn't !t!
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by Rickster @ 04/20/14 11:25 PM

I stopped in regularly after Sunday's trail crew session. Never waited on line, food was good, but hell, no one ever sucked balls. How did I miss out on that? Damn, must have been a crowd pleaser during the morning rush.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by curmudgeon @ 04/18/14 09:57 PM

I'll miss going there to buy $1.50 semi cold cans of coke (when in stock).
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by TerrieM @ 04/18/14 09:34 PM

I agree the business could be successful. One thing I would love to see there would be smoothies and fresh juices. I think having picnic snack packs premade and available to be custom made, prepaid and ready for pick up would be a smart idea during
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by oenophore @ 04/18/14 07:50 PM

That's three posters above who complained about the place. Yet RangerRob noted too long lines there. It doesn't take a brilliant mind to conclude that a well run place could be quite successful.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by Coppertone @ 04/18/14 06:51 PM

Been climbing in the Gunks for nearly 20 years and went into the deli 3 or 4 times at most. Everything was always overpriced, not very good and service was very slow.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by fotovult @ 04/18/14 05:04 AM

+1 for the deli sucking balls - $3 for a peanut-butter bagel served by some snotty kid that took 20 minutes? Same price gets me a fatty egg sandwich from the convenient deli, plus coffee, served by the friendly and honest folks - left my wallet there
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Survivorman by timh @ 04/18/14 01:53 AM

Actually he got marooned when the gates at Minnewaska closed and his car was still in the parking lot. So he hiked down to the deli only to find it was closed. When he finally made it to the Mohonk House, he had to improvise a tie so they'd let him i
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Survivorman by gtluke @ 04/17/14 07:57 PM

They filmed his regular season commercial there also. They just filmed commercials though, he answered on facebook when the initial commercial was released that it was only for a commercial and that no episodes were filmed there.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by TerrieM @ 04/16/14 10:05 PM

Has The Last Bite been working on a deal? They would be a great new proprietor, though of course High Falls would be sadder for their absence(assuming they would close that location).
Local Issues & Information
Jump to new posts Re: Mohonk Preserve neighbors news by Julie @ 04/16/14 08:17 PM

Very glad no one was hurt.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by crimpy @ 04/16/14 04:33 PM

Russo's in np is the bomb imo. I really hope the last bite gets the mountain bistro location. fingers crossed.
Sponsored