Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Other Climbing Areas
Jump to new posts Re: Needles, South Dakota beta? by Elwood54 @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Yup, I have the new guidebook - it\'s great. Unfortunately, it doesn\'t cover Custer State Park. I guess we\'d be looking for climbs in the 8-10 range, depending on softness vs. sand bagging.
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: long finger-tip crack across from Pebbles slab? by slevin @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

I just looked in the bouldering guide, it has been bouldered indeed. It\'s called Habanero Balls and is rated V5 (consistent with a mid-5.12, I guess). Pretty high-ball for a boulder problem, IMHO, which also makes me wounder if it has gone as a lead
Other Climbing Areas
Jump to new posts Re: Needles, South Dakota beta? by rg@ofmc @ Yesterday at 04:38 AM

I know lots about Custer State Park; climbed quite bit BITD. The rock takes some getting used to; crystals in granite, usually but not always solid. It is pretty hard to compare to the Gunks. Some routes are run-out, but there is plenty to do that
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: long finger-tip crack across from Pebbles slab? by rg@ofmc @ Yesterday at 04:32 AM

I was under the impression it had been bouldered, but I\'m not sure why I think that...
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts long finger-tip crack across from Pebbles slab? by slevin @ 09/17/14 05:41 PM

There is a nice diagnal tips/finger crack on the 80-degree face across the gap from the Pebbles slab. On top-rope it felt like a 5.12 (maybe 5.12+), probably takes brassies the whole way. It might go as a boulder problem as well, but it\'s pretty ta
Other Climbing Areas
Jump to new posts Needles, South Dakota beta? by Elwood54 @ 09/17/14 02:42 PM

Hey Guys, does anyone have any quick beta on the area? I\'m heading there in a couple of weeks. Just wondering how a Gunks climber will find the ratings, if there are any climbs that shouldn\'t be missed and anything else I won\'t learn from the guid
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by Rickster @ 09/16/14 06:48 PM

Many of the same sandwiches. If your fav isn\'t on the menu, they\'ll make it as you wish. If the grill is off for the day, they have an additional electric grill for those late day hot sandwich orders. The whole tenor of the new staff is to please.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by GOclimb @ 09/16/14 02:10 PM

So, same place? Do they still have the same sandwiches? Their Mountain Woman is/was my favorite breakfast sandwich anywhere. GO
(Almost) Anything Goes
Jump to new posts Re: Stone Nudes 2015 Calendar by GOclimb @ 09/16/14 02:07 PM

Wow, that last shot - in the offwidth! Would not have been my first choice! Seems like the overhanging boulders are a better bet, on the whole. GO
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by Rickster @ 09/16/14 01:02 PM

\"Harbor\" I guess like a port of call, safe place to hold up, replenish, etc. I also have found as of late, the service to be good, serving sizes more than adequate and priced competitively. I\'ll drop anchor there anytime.
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by empicard @ 09/15/14 12:28 PM

I got breakfast at the new \"mountain harbor deli\" yesterday. Not really sure where the harbor part is coming from. I got 2 eggs and double bacon on a hero a 20oz coke and a banana. It was about $7.50. An insane (meaning perfect) amoun
Sponsored