Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (Lucander, TerrieM), 7 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: Rock fall near Fat City by donald perry @ 04/11/14 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Ralph On our way out on Sun. evening we met Ranger Andrew and he told us there had been a rock fall near Fat City. He said it wasn't huge, but you wouldn't have wanted to be near it. The rangers will recon during the week to se
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by Julie @ 04/11/14 05:40 PM

Again?
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: The Mountain Bistro has closed! by oenophore @ 04/11/14 09:27 AM

Don't you think it is likely another will take over that place?
General Climbing
Jump to new posts The Mountain Bistro has closed! by mrhutt @ 04/11/14 06:35 AM

In a bit of heartbreaking news, I arrived this past weekend in New Paltz early on a Sunday, belly empty, looking forward to double breakfast burritos at the Bistro (next to EMS, across from the Brauhaus) and to my (and my hunger pains') dismay, my no
Gunks Routes
I would like to see anchors at the top of either Bloody Bush or Rusty Trifle. The trees are dying (Bloody Bush) and people are still rapping off of them. The top tree (p3) on Rusty Trifle has been attacked by woodpeckers and has all kinds of holes ar
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Three-piton anchor on Horseman? by Gail @ 04/10/14 10:20 PM

Come on...there is a great horizontal for a very secure gear anchor. I agree with Seth...just keep going, don't stop at the anchors. A 70 will get you down from the tree in one long (fun) rappel.
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Three-piton anchor on Horseman? by SethG @ 04/10/14 05:45 PM

Piton anchors like that one always give me the willies. I've never stopped there, just do it in one pitch!
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Three-piton anchor on Horseman? by old nutz @ 04/10/14 04:51 PM

actually, reading the topo, it seems like that 3-piton cordelette is just supposed to be a rap anchor? I really shouldn't have been belaying from it, should I?
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Three-piton anchor on Horseman? by old nutz @ 04/10/14 03:42 PM

I folowed on Horseman yesterday and noticed a "fresh" cordelette with two rings tied into the three pitons...I appreciate whoever placed it, but I almost untied it thinking my lead placed it there! As I was leaning back belaying, I stared
General Climbing
Jump to new posts Re: Rock fall near Fat City by Gail @ 04/10/14 03:04 AM

Any updates?
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Bolts on Turdland? by Gail @ 04/10/14 03:02 AM

I loved Turdland, thought it was a great climb. Much better than it's name suggests. That said, I did not lead Turdland.
Gunks Routes
Jump to new posts Re: Bolts on Turdland? by Dana @ 04/10/14 02:47 AM

The two pins - there is now just one it seems - were at the small overlap that is up and left from the first bolt. Dave, I've done Welcome to My Nightmare and I thought that it was scarier than Nurdland. With modern gear Nurdland may not be R rated
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Sponsored