Malibu Creek and Stoney are probably the only two MAJOR areas and both are great for bouldering. There are so many little, overlooked places. Horse Flats, up Angeles Crest is a really great area but it is probably outside of an hour. Well, you could make it there in an hour if you drive real fast.

There is a book on bouldering in so cal by Craig Fry that you can scan through in a bookstore. Dont buy it, a new additoin has to be coming out soon that will cover some areas a lot better. Keep in mind that a few of these areas are included and I really think that he really underestimates the lack of quality some of these areas have. I just dont like twenty minute hikes through poision oak to go to something that I think sucks.

Anyhow here is an awsome site for Stoney Point. Have fun while you are here!

http://www.ayola.com/stoney/index.html

Oh yeah, if you are going to be here over the fourth of july, go down to Hermosa/Manhattan Beach which is only twenty minutes south of Santa Monica. It is probably the biggest party I have ever seen- you WILL like it. Beer, sun, skin, fireworks, beer and skin- It is a good time.