I think a day is reasonable if it is not a popular route. Can't understand why there would be gear on the first pitch...that seems ridiculous unless it was an injured climber....That's part of the reason I think a day is reasonable...I have seen a lot of people sport lead/work this route.

This always stirred a number of fights in the valley....a certain German team would string up all of el cap with ropes and little tape marks saying #2 camalot next to the crack, etc....

Another time when we were climbing the Salathe there were coiled ropes and gear hanging at each belay station 2/3 of the way up El Cap and an empty tent 1/3 of the way up. Later that day Bubu came up the wall and was pretty pissed because they had previously been setting up fixed ropes to make a film of Free Rider... Why is ok that there are fixed lines all the way to Heart ledges 1/3 of the way up all year, but they couldn't leave lines stringing the next 1/3 for a few days while working/filming the route was his thinking? The fixed lines that were in place didn't really bother us, but at the same time it does detract a bit from the climb.