However then again, why are there bolts all along the top of the Trapps now? I suppose that at some point if Millbrook becomes a congested trap the only sensible solution is to have bolted rap anchors in a couple of places. It won't make any difference at that point, ending erosion will be an enormous concern. There are already bolted rap stations at the Gunks, and from there no one has used that excuse to put more bolts, right? But if rap stations was the only answer for the Trapps, and if the argument for bolts there cannot be answered otherwise there, then how can we complain if there is a another rap station at the Gunks to prevent more trees from damage?

I think the best solution is for now, now that it is not that busy over there yet, that if you want to pull through, bring a 30' rope along. However is there going to be anchors there in the future?, if so then does it make any difference if there is bolts there now or 10 or 20 years from now? Are the numbers increasing?

But if you have to drill I think it would be better if the holes were unconventional, not bolts. Like the steel ring over CC Route. That way we could at least go on to say that Millbrook has no bolts and never will or something to that effect. Another option is to drill a hole for nuts.

You could use hole anchors, but that expensive thing could get stolen. But isn't there any other place to temporarily leave nuts there? so what if it gets stolen once in a while. If that is the case why do we need to drill bolts in the first place? Or what about pitons, no one ever stole those and reused them again? … except one person that I know of. And, there are pitons here already. So perhaps steel or stainless steel angles and a bong is the best solution. Does anyone have a picture of a where would be the best place to pound in some metal?