A friend of mine got a bite and they gave prophylactic doxy at the clinic in New Paltz as a matter of routine.
Not a physician, but my preference would be to wait until you have a sense that something might be amiss (I had pretty good fever both times, though initial symptoms vary widely). I'd rather not take antibiotics if I don't have to. YMMV. If you do need to hit the docs, the other infections should proly be in the Dx panel.


Originally Posted By: donald perry
Now what? Should he run and get tests or wait/? Hard to tell without going to the doctors.


Edited by ianmanger (03/23/12 10:42 PM)