Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
Ok, bit of a latecomer to this discussion and I hate to dig up old threads, but we'd like to find out more information about this proposed campground. We have land that is in *very* close proximity to the site and have full intention to have a home there (if the real estate market ever picks up and we can get rid of our current house). Not weekenders, mind you. Full time.

What's the current state of affairs? Online news reports seem to indicate that the project is stalled. Any truth to this?

We'd also like to find a direct source of info about the planned use of the site. If it were strictly tents and the occasional trailer with a small, on-site facility for offices and a restroom, I think we'd have no opposition to it. It could provide a small boost for the EMS, Brauhaus, and Bistro, along with the nearby farm stand market. I don't think a campground like that would affect neighboring property value, which I think is a concern for full time residents.

However, if it were to host large trailers, multiple facilities and a venue for events, we'd be concerned. Anything that might attract or allow year-round or long term tenancy at such a place would be cause for us to get involved in some serious opposition to the project. This would negatively affect those living nearby with noise, traffic, trespassing and the like.

Please don't think I'm anti-camping, I've camped my way across the country and have seen many campgrounds, the good and the bad.

Any info is appreciated.

Susan, I think it was you that sent out the letters. Thanks for the heads-up, hope we're not riding to the fight too late.

You're not too late to join the fight. You should contact Susan and get updates from her. She seems to be spearheading this and has been at all the meetings. The plan is to make this a large campground with "pavillion" to host "events" of up to 280 people. certainly not a low impact project. This campground will most certainly change your area so it would be a good idea to join the dialog. Feel free to PM us if you need the support of other neighbors from around the Mohonk Preserve.

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.