Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
This is unfortunate.

After my initial post I did more digging and found the original site plan. I saw that and thought, "What's the big deal?" I would have been fine with the original incarnation of the SGC. It looked like a mostly quiet mixed walk/drive in site that would perhaps at worst create only occasional commotion. A rowdy night at the campfire before heading home and the like.

I am also curious what documentation can be found about the number and size of sites and facilities at the proposed SGC with the new plan.

Does anyone have a link to a PDF of the new plan that the PIPC/MP is proposing? If this is a State backed project then it should be public info. I couldn't find it.

Funny how a simple campground has been possibly corrupted into a potential problem for those of us in the area.

One of the tactics that the Mohonk Preserve uses is to try and divide the neighbors so there is less opposition. They've tried this numerous times. The best thing to do is to get in contact with Susan and get more neighbors involved from around the Mohonk Preserve. Sign the petition that is circulating, get involved, go to the meetings and get your voice heard. If you would like, we can help with getting you in contact with other neighbors.

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.