Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
Here we go, the gloves are slowly coming off. Ain't the Internet grand. I'd ask folks to chill out and stay respectful, but I'm just a guest here too.

MPNA, I'm a latecomer because I just learned about this. Had I known I would have been involved from the start, or maybe even never invested in Gardiner in the first place. As far as playing all sides, it's a pity others aren't interested in seeking balance on this subject. Regarding "getting screwed"... No, I don't feel that way. I'd rather have a campground than a subdivision. I'm not against the campground. What I do want is reasonable implementation and respect for those who live there.

Crimpy, you're just trolling; its obvious you don't care and/or have some prejudice against the residents in the area. Car horns, radios, loud music, TVs, yelling, headlights and the like don't care about distance. The residences most likely affected by noise are the ones to the south, where the terrain slopes into a bowl. Anybody that has been outdoors under certain conditions knows that sounds carry for miles, and in the grand scheme of things 500 yards is nothing.

Let's keep this on topic and knock off the bickering please.

Finally, I have contacted Susan. She has agreed that I can share the docs she sent me, I'll have to wait until I get home before I can set up the file hosting and post links. The docs are not site plans, but are the current state of negotiations between the residents and those building the campground.

She as also offered to sit down for coffee with Anyone from this forum and chat about the subject. I will make available her contact info as a download as well. From what I've seen of the work she's done, I fully support her efforts.

GuilfordGang,

Our intent was to show that you are late because the word is slow to get out and not because of anything you did or didn't do. We are happy that there is another neighbor on board. The bigger the group the more successful you will be. Susan and your group should reach out to people, expecting people to reach out to you will not get you the results you need. Having been to the meetings we see a pattern that is similar to other meetings we have been at with the preserve. Clearly the dialog is tense, lawyers are present etc.... PIPC is really out of line in their approach as is the Mohonk Preserve. While you may not feel screwed now, our experience shows this feeling will not last long...... And while it's possible everything will work out well for you, I wouldn't hold my breath. That is great news that you will be posting documents. Hopefully that will get some of the regular posters here on board. Feel free to post them on any of our threads which get heavy traffic and are viewed by many locals. I would also try to get your story in more of the local papers. Keep it going, week after week, be relentless because they are for sure. Best of luck,

MPNA

The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.