This site had a purpose and real usefulness at one time. It was information that pertained to climbers and climbing in the area. Build on what you have and what you want to the site to be. You still have a small user base. Add pertinent content. My bet is that Linking to something much bigger than it will dilute what you have and hasten its demise. The things you mention just sound as if you want clicks to gain advertisers.

Twitter? Yeah I've heard of it. Not sure why I would look into yet another flavor of the day. Yes I am aware "everyone else is". We've seen MySpace and others get popular for a time. I bet I'm still counted as a member there though I might not even be able to logon easily. I'm on FB and (still) use it grudgingly. I try not to link anything to FB. I won't look at pages the auto-create posts though I have clicked on a few by accident. Apparently and unfortunately FB has the same rights to the information on my IPhone as I do. Add a contact on the phone and in a couple of hours I'll have a friend request for that person on FB. Wouldn't be hard for a company to serve the public better than FB which is completely self-serving. Guess that matches too many of its users too.

You still have a small but dedicated user base. The question is what is Gunks.com going to offer that a big better site isn't already doing - bigger and better? Anyway you don't need to ask what things need to be done, and they should be first, like fixing the plethora of editing bugs that prevent user form easily getting an edited post on the board. How do you post a picture here …