It will be in the high thirties this weekend, and I won't be able to climb during either of the following two weekends, so I think it is safe for me to say I've done all the rock climbing I can in 2012. My year was pretty good, how was yours?

I felt like I didn't get out enough this year. In the Gunks I mostly did 5.9's I'd previously missed and walked up to "easy" 5.10's and tried them out. I got a few of them clean, like Dat-Mantel (after an earlier toprope), the Dangler, and the first pitch of Splashtic. I backed off of some others, like Simple Stuff. I succeeded after a few tries at the crux on Balrog. And I got my ass kicked by Doubleissima. I will be back to get that one. I blew my redpoint attempt on Wegetables, but that one is just a matter of time.

I think my best day in the Gunks all year was my first real climbing day back in March-- I did CCK Direct onsight and finally got to do Modern Times. I can't think of a better day than that; I wish I could go do it again right now, today.

I never got back to climb in the Adirondacks this year, which is a bummer. I did get to spend four days in Little & Big Cottonwood Canyons in Utah, which was really fun, and I climbed for two days in Colorado near Boulder. The highlight was the fantastic Yellow Spur in Eldo.

I hope to get super fit over the winter and keep plugging away at the 5.10's. And I want to plan some trips back to Colorado and to Squamish if possible.

Your turn!