I tried to get up Birdland for hours in the thick fog, everything was wet, and then I had to back off.

I might have been able to make it, but by the time I found the better gear placements it was dark and started to rain harder, so I chickened out, it was really unpredictable.

When I got up past the first pin doing the first overhang it was completely wet. I made it to that little ledge on the prow and then my belayer gave me tension because he could not understand what the word !!! SLACK !!! meant, so that made it at least 5.10. Ever have that happen?

Then I got past the next pin, and I was trying to get my foot up on that bucket, but the right hand was about to pot and I had to commit to standing on that pebble. It seemed like I was going to loose some skin, or maybe bang my head. So I thought it would be better not to rush this one, after all this is all new to me.

Maybe next time.

Edited by donald perry (12/06/13 03:46 AM)