There should be a sign:

"Notice: Do not throw anything off the top of the cliff. There are people at the base of the cliff hiking and rockclimbing."

Just because you or I would never think of throwing things off the cliff does not mean anything. The people that throw things off the Near Traps are the same people who throw things down the turn-off, there are plenty of bottles there. When I ran up there and saw their faces there was one obstinate man-child who cursed and said he did not throw anything off the cliff, but at the same time there was a girl and a few other young people who did look gravely concerned. (perhaps they thought there was going to be more people coming up and maybe a fist fight at the edge of the cliff) If there was a sign then I believe in this case that the other young people would have at the very least left the seance of the climb. I figured out that they thought they were doing nothing wrong, any more than when they drove up here perhaps breaking the speed limit 65 MPH. But in this case there is no sign for anything.

Edited by donald perry (04/29/14 03:52 PM)