Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1 - 11/29/99 04:19 PM New route potential in the ADKs
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Has anyone looked at the cliffs on Water Barrel or Sugarloaf Mtns off Cedar River Rd outside Indian Lake??

#2 - 12/07/99 09:44 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
I have.

#3 - 12/25/99 06:21 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have looked at them many times. How about Snowy Mt just south of there. I am sure that the main cliff on Snowy has been climbed but does anyone have any info on that??? There is just more climbed rock in the Adirondacks that has no written information than most areas have climbable rock. I think the newest Mellor guide book might have something on at least Sugarloaf, though I might be wrong. I dont own the book.

#4 - 01/03/00 08:20 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anybody ever check out T(*^^%$*^ Mountain, in the Southern section of the park? I'll be there in Spring, looking for a new routing partner.

#5 - 01/04/00 04:48 PM Re: T!#@$@ MT [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey IanIan where is that T!$#@!# Mt? I thought I knew all about the southern ADKs. Guess I am not as smart as I thought. Just let me know where this place is, I am so curious.

#6 - 01/04/00 07:36 PM Re: T!#@$@ MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll admit it, I have an ego, I would like to put up some first ascents... don't worry my leading level is not that high, I am sure there will be many pickings after I have left. :)

#7 - 01/06/00 12:04 AM Re: T!#@$@ MT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian you still didnt say where that place was. I moved out of upstate ten years ago so it is doubtful if I will ever go there but where the hell is this T!@# mountain??? I got to know! Thanks. And has anyone ever climbed anything on Snowy at Indian Lake??? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

#8 - 01/07/00 04:04 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, I'm going off some sketchy information here, from when I went backpacking with my dad as a kid into the Moose River Plains. We hiked into West Canada Lake and I remember the guidebook mentioning something about a long 400 foot high cliff in the vicinity, over a ridge. I couldn't tell you if it's clean or if the size was exaggerated but I've always wanted to go check it out. Has anyone actually ever seen this cliff or even climbed on it? I was sorta curious about the thing.
later,
Nate

#9 - 01/07/00 05:02 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sketchier info as I think I have only led one trek into that area, but I believe what you are talking about is seen across the way from the Silver Bay Lean-To in that area. Height seems a bit exaggerated, but as I was keen I consulted the guidebook, looks like it's on private land.
I would check a topo though, as I know I am not totally sure.

#10 - 02/06/00 04:36 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian, in all seriousness, is there a T(*^^%$*^ Mountain???? this is a serious question. I have a bet with someone about this. I say you are making it up. He says that there is a T(*^^%$*^ Mountain with rock climbing on it.

Who is right?

Thanks Joe

#11 - 02/06/00 08:31 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Curious if anyone has climbed on cliffs in Panther gorge
(between Marcy & Haystack,) approach looks nasty, but some
good lines appear to exist.

#12 - 02/07/00 02:05 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joe, for real check out the Phaoroah Lake region, not the mountain itself, but from the top of the mountain, or from the lake below, look North and tell me what you see. I forget the names of the cliffs themselves, but ..... drooling when I see them.

#13 - 02/07/00 06:14 PM Re: New route potential in the ADKs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gotcha Ian. Next time I am hiking around there I will be sure and check it out.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored