Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (donald perry), 11 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#10451 - 10/29/03 06:53 PM Expanding Partner Database
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
So... can we get an "Other Requests" section on the partner board? So we can use it during the winter (for those that don't ice climb). Maybe looking for ice fishing buddies, snowboarding partners, some help moving furniture, whatever doesn't fit into the present categories. Would be nice not to waste away the winter months...

-QtM

#10452 - 10/30/03 01:00 PM Re: Expanding Partner Database [Re: quanto_the_mad]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I am planning to add cross-country skiing, snowshoeing. Hadn't seriously considered downhill or snowboarding. I wasn't sure if it was something where you would need the partner system for. But if there's demand for it, sure, I can make a snowboard/ski category. Let's me hear from those of you who are interested in this thread.

-em

#10453 - 11/05/03 09:57 AM Re: Expanding Partner Database [Re: webmaster]
tokyo bill Offline
old hand

Loc: Tokyo
On a peripheral point, I tried using the "suggest new activity - location" button to suggest adding some climbing venues in Japan to the "International" componenent of the Partners database. Haven't seen anything yet.

Does this mean my information didn't get through (or didn't get through in a useful way). Or does it mean that you (correctly) guessed that I was just experimenting with the software, and that there wasn't any hurry in actually getting something up.

Just curious.

#10454 - 11/05/03 01:53 PM Re: Expanding Partner Database [Re: tokyo bill]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Actually Bill, I never saw them. I'll have to test out this functionality this afternoon.

Debugging is a seemingly endless job.

-em

#10455 - 11/06/03 03:31 AM Re: Expanding Partner Database [Re: webmaster]
tokyo bill Offline
old hand

Loc: Tokyo
Don't worry about it if you've got better things to do (and I'm sure you do...) I was just fiddling around.

#10456 - 11/09/03 04:46 AM Re: Expanding Partner Database [Re: quanto_the_mad]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ha ha, moving furniture: Sample post follows, I think you would have to use the Tom Saywer approach.

Looking for a partner for a training session to build contact and finger strength moving furniture. Have complete furniture set so we should have enough good problems for the whole day.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored