Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 2 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#11587 - 04/20/04 03:32 AM The Spinx/La Esphinge, Peru
BobbyS Offline
enthusiast

Loc: None
I was trying to find route information on the Sphinx. Hoping to hit up some routes this summer. Does anyone have some topos to share. Or websites guidebooks, magazine back issues, etc that have info and topos.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby

#11588 - 04/20/04 12:54 PM Re: The Spinx/La Esphinge, Peru [Re: BobbyS]
Chas Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Flagstaff
Lots of new routes are going up on the formation. In a back issue of Rock and Ice (or was it Climbing) from last year or the year before had some info.

Given that the last time I was in Peru, I talked with a couple different groups who had just put up routes that month (one at low .13, one at mid .12, one at A3) any information you get will be really outdated.

Best info is out of the new route book at the Casa de Guidos about 1 block off the city center in Huarez. Most of the topo's are straight from those that did the first ascents

#11589 - 04/21/04 07:12 PM Re: The Spinx/La Esphinge, Peru [Re: BobbyS]
andrew Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Denver, CO
need a partner bobby? i am in lima right now, and i'll probably be in peru working most of the summer. i'll have lots of time to climb.

#11590 - 04/21/04 08:04 PM Re: The Spinx/La Esphinge, Peru [Re: andrew]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
I'll second what Chas says. It's a pretty sweet place. Consider finding another wall as well. God knows there oare tons of those walls in those valleys. If you do go to the Paron Valley, make sure you tip the guard with the machine gun heavily. He was ornery last time I was there!

RR

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored