Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1175 - 11/25/00 08:27 PM Needles Guidebook!!
ryanclan Offline
addict

Loc: NoCal
I was up at the Gunks yesterday bouldering and of course had to stop in at Rock N'Snow for a looksee. I found (Andrew!) a new guidebook to the Needles and Black Hills by Paul Piana. Looks like it was self-published, but it was great! I coulda used it about 3 years ago when I went out there. Andrew, you ever thought about publishing that info from your website? Or has it been published?

-Kathy

"If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd rent out Tx. and live in hell!" (unknown source)

#1176 - 11/25/00 09:04 PM Re: Needles Guidebook!! [Re: ryanclan]
andrew Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Denver, CO
hi kathy,

is it a new guidebook or the touch the sky book?

i am about halfway done with a guidebook to the needles, and have been for years. work on it stagnated when i moved away, and now i've basically abandoned the idea. the good news is that larry shaeffer is working on a guidebook to the needles. larry is an amazing climber, and i am sure will do a better job of it than i could.

now i am working on a guidebook to the colorado 13ers, especially in winter and technical routes. the current high 13er guide is ok for the easiest routes in the summer, but otherwise falls short. if anybody has any info, please email it to me.

the other project i am working on is an internet route information publishing system, which will hopefully be done in a month or two.

andrew

Its all A1 until you fall.

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored