Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#12066 - 06/03/04 08:56 PM mt biking on the cape
cori Offline
veteran

I just wanted to share a little bit of informaiton about mountain biking on the cape ni case someone thought it was interesting.

The cape is a very hilly place so nothing I mention is flat but it is all dirt and rocks and sand and makes for nice rides.

Barnstable Conservation Area
This is near the Barnstable Airport on Popple Bottom Road. the minute you turn on to Popple Bottom, park on the right. There are access roads, power lines and single track thoghout the woods. A firing range is nearby but I have not been hit yet.

Rte 28/151 intersection
Most technical from what I hear. If you go over the Bourne Bridge and exit on to 151, then bear right at the end of the exit, the parking is on the left right after the on ramp to 28. it fits only a few cars and is very busy in the morning all year round. Lots of thin paths and single track. Mostly wooded and a few thin bridges. Real nice place.

#12067 - 06/06/04 01:50 PM Re: mt biking on the cape [Re: cori]
KAYLA Offline
addict

Loc: new city, ny
I have been going to the cape every summer for almost 15years. I find the sandy conditions just not worth the trouble. I just go Kalmus beach and wait for wind so I can windsurf. That said, in July I will bring my Mtn bike and check out your suggestions. Thanks

#12068 - 06/07/04 02:46 PM Re: mt biking on the cape [Re: KAYLA]
cori Offline
veteran

For these tehre is a lot of packed dirt ni the woods. Along the powerlines there is a bit of sand though in the Barnstable Conservaiton area. For the 28/151 area we have not hit sand yet but there may be some turns we have not taken yet. I hope you have a great time at the Cape this year!

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored