Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 7 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#12452 - 07/14/04 08:02 PM Running form / technique books or DVDs?
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY

As someone who has a lifelong (or, at least post HS - I ran track and XC way back in the day) mantra regarding running as being "I only run when chased" , I have been doing a lot more of it the last few years.

I've been looking into some options for improving my running form, technique, and efficiency, and 2 that I've found so far that seem interesting and promising are:

The "Pose" Method, by Romanov, and Chi Running, by Danny Dreyer.

Both seem focused on not overstriding, maintining high cadence, and bringing the heel up higher (towards yer butt).

Is anybody familiar with either of the above, or any other skill training or coaching methodology they could recommend? Thanks in advance-

(I'm also going to attend a Total Immersion swim workshop - I *suck* at swimming - conveniently located right in New Paltz, and am finally breaking down after all these years and getting a professional bike fitting as well)

#12453 - 07/15/04 12:41 AM Re: Running form / technique books or DVDs? [Re: MurphysLaw]
GeeVee Offline
Auto Reply

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
My ex-coach was a Bill Bowerman fan - I always did good with his Bowerman-inspired workouts (OK, so I puked a few times and even pissed blood after one particularly hard session, but that's what you get when you're in your thirties and try to keep up with college kids). Check out High-Performance Training for Track and Field as one reading option.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored