Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13233 - 10/12/04 01:32 PM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: webmaster]
dalguard Offline
veteran

Loc: CT
Two days was an exaggeration but one thing I've noticed is that the main discussion screen will often not recognize that I'm logged in but if I go to one of the forums, then it will. That is, when I first go to the list of forums, it doesn't show which forums have new posts for me and I have a login link, not a logout link. But if I go to a specific forum, it will show which threads have new posts and I'll have a logout link. So I sometimes think I'm not logged in when really I am.

#13234 - 10/12/04 02:51 PM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: webmaster]
Arms Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: WV, near NRG and Seneca
Maybe his system is tossing it's cookies.

#13235 - 10/12/04 05:49 PM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: dalguard]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Quote:

Two days was an exaggeration but one thing I've noticed is that the main discussion screen will often not recognize that I'm logged in but if I go to one of the forums, then it will. That is, when I first go to the list of forums, it doesn't show which forums have new posts for me and I have a login link, not a logout link. But if I go to a specific forum, it will show which threads have new posts and I'll have a logout link. So I sometimes think I'm not logged in when really I am.

I have the same problem. Thought it might be related to my browser (I'm using Mozilla).

We'll actually be upgrading the board again in a few weeks, so I'm hoping this will resolved some of the cookie issues.

-em

#13236 - 03/30/05 08:13 PM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: webmaster]
dalguard Offline
veteran

I've started to realize it has to go with whether I go to gunks.com or www.gunks.com to start with. It seems that if I go to gunks.com and then to the discussion forum, the main page doesn't know who I am even though I'm logged in for individual forums. But if I start from www.gunks.com, then it knows who I am all the way through. I'm lazy and tend not to type the www's most of the time, never mind those people still typing http://. They slay me.

#13237 - 03/30/05 08:43 PM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: webmaster]
schwortz Offline
enthusiast

its something to do with mozilla i think....i'm no expert but ever since i started using mozilla i find myself logging in much more often than i used to, on this and most other bulletin boards....as far as i can tell my cookie and security settings are as they should be and as they were when using explorer, which if i continue to use doesnt seem to lose the login cookie info as often as mozilla.....

of course i really dont know anything about computers...so....whatever.....

#13238 - 03/30/05 09:11 PM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: dalguard]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
I use IE 6 and find that whatever.com works for some URLs and doesn't work for some others which demand www.whatever.com for access.

(Note: the underline for that fictitious URL is done by INFOPOP and there’s nothing I can do about it.)

#13239 - 03/30/05 11:53 PM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: schwortz]
dalguard Offline
veteran

I'm using IE 6. I think the cookie is for www.gunks.com and so gunks.com doesn't recognize it but then when you click on a link to a forum it redirects you to www.gunks.com, thereby causing it to recognize you. At least that's my theory.

#13240 - 03/31/05 12:18 AM Re: Do you know who I am? [Re: dalguard]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Interesting. If I enter gunks.com into the File->Open entry field, I get my selected shortcut into that site. If I enter www.gunks.com, I get the home page.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored