Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#14381 - 03/08/05 04:21 PM Re: How useful are Micro-nuts for leading 5.9s and easier .10s? [Re: andrew]
dalguard Offline
veteran

Loc: CT
If the green/yellow offset is a choice, I'm voting for that one. More useful than either a second green Alien or a set of micro-nuts IMO.

#14382 - 03/08/05 05:05 PM Re: Extremely useful. [Re: MurphysLaw]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
what murphy said, but with one caveat:

HB BRONZE offsets. They make bronze and alloy offsets, and he (and evrybody else) are talking about the BRONZE ones.

I would rather have my trusty HB Bronze set than just one cam.

#14383 - 03/28/05 05:26 PM Re: Extremely useful. [Re: crackers]
qtzmznt Offline
stranger

Loc: CNY
Ditto on the green/yellow Alien. I place it as much as any other alien in the Gunks.

For small nuts, I LOVE the DMM peenuts. Rich Gottleib sold me on them and I use them all the time. Still haven't fallen on one, but their skinnier wire helps them fit into placements where a thicker wire would be excluded.

An example of loving them (gear beta alert!): I led the Winter for the first time this weekend and at the stemming crux got a perfect #6 or 7 bd stopper overhead but was able to back it up with an equalized peenut and #3 stopper underneath. Having the peenut in definitely helped me focus on the moves.

#14384 - 10/20/05 08:29 AM HB Bronze Offsets [Re: crackers]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
It's been a few months, and I've been debating whether to get some HB Offsets. Since I had some free time today, I began looking online for them, and it turns out HB has gone out of business.

Guess I should have gotten them right after the discussion. Oh well.

#14385 - 10/20/05 09:27 AM Re: HB Bronze Offsets [Re: quanto_the_mad]
tokyo bill Offline
old hand

Loc: Tokyo
QtM:

I think someone else may have already noted this, but just in case:

Word is that another gear maker (DMM, I believe) bought the molds - or whatever they're called - and will be turning out the same product in not too long.

Remains to be seen what will actually happen, but apparently there's hope.

I LOVE my aluminum offsets, and occasionally place a bronze as well (usually just before soiling my shorts...)

#14386 - 10/20/05 11:20 AM Re: HB Bronze Offsets [Re: tokyo bill]
greyalien Offline
journeyman

Loc: Central NJ and Upstate NY
Quote:

QtM:

I think someone else may have already noted this, but just in case:

Word is that another gear maker (DMM, I believe) bought the molds - or whatever they're called - and will be turning out the same product in not too long.

Remains to be seen what will actually happen, but apparently there's hope.

I LOVE my aluminum offsets, and occasionally place a bronze as well (usually just before soiling my shorts...)

Yes, apparently DMM will start making the bronze offsets againt. However, theyve said that they probably wont continue with all the larger aluminum ones I really liked them for pin scars and funky irregular cracks.

#14387 - 10/27/05 06:18 AM Re: HB Bronze Offsets [Re: tokyo bill]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
Cool. I found the thread at r.c that said 4 weeks, which I think has come and gone but guess I can wait.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  daryl512 
Sponsored