Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 4 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#14390 - 03/07/05 05:35 PM do we need a gunks skiers' coalition?
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
I've always thought about the amazing potential for expanding the nordic trails on the ridge. Ski all the way from Rosendale to Sam's Point on groomed trails, for example. Someone really should tie in all the resources to do this one day, write grants if necessary, write management plan, etc.,

true, the snow is not always reliable, but in many winters in the past 10 years it has been really really good.

it would be a real shame if it were never realized.

Thoughts anyone?

#14391 - 03/07/05 11:11 PM Re: do we need a gunks skiers' coalition? [Re: phlan]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Why wait? Just go off trail now. No need to ask permission, write grants, pay lawyers etc.

#14392 - 03/08/05 11:05 PM Re: do we need a gunks skiers' coalition? [Re: Mike Rawdon]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
no, to attract skiers and tourism we need groomed trails, that's what I am talking about. I have been approached by non-locals that ask me, "why does no one do anything about expanding skiing on the ridge."

...they have an excellent point, in my opinion. furthermore, it will attract tourism and help the local economy with very minimal impact.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored