Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#14583 - 03/15/05 02:19 PM Mt. Evans, Colorado
JoeKayak Offline
old hand

Loc: Manhattan
Anyone ever bike it? I'm planning on it this coming August. Just bought Seeberg's Colorado Road Rides and he touts it as the shizza, comparable only to Trail Ridge Road.

I had the immense pleasure (and pain) of doing Trail Ridge Road last summer (actually did Estes to Fall River Road to Trail Ridge, then back to Estes on Trail Ridge).

Also, while I've seen many places to rent a nice road bike in Denver, Boulder, Estes, does anyone have any recommendations? (I don't have a nice enough bike that it's worth my while to ship it out).

#14584 - 03/17/05 11:11 AM Re: Mt. Evans, Colorado [Re: JoeKayak]
hartmann Offline

Loc: Northfield, VT
it's a really nice ride. Just make sure you have a wind breaker and pants with you. I didn't. When I did it, I started down in Lincoln (I think) with sunny skyes and 85 degrees in mid august. By the time I got to the top, it was 25 degrees and snowing. The ride down was miserable. I was shaking so much from the cold, I thought I would crash.

#14585 - 03/18/05 07:07 PM Re: Mt. Evans, Colorado [Re: hartmann]
JoeKayak Offline
old hand

Loc: Manhattan

you have a great life hartmann (as shown on your web site). thanks for the tip....i do remember feeling numb going down trail ridge road in similar circumstances. though it sounds like mount evans is much more serious.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored