Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#14649 - 04/10/05 10:47 PM Re: Yosemite with the family [Re: Arms]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Regarding the sub-thread about stuff being dropped off of walls, here are two threads that are worth a read for the easily amused:
http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.html?topic_id=67788#msg68198

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=104337#104337

#14650 - 07/19/05 05:53 PM Re: Yosemite with the family [Re: Jannette]
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Gardiner, NY
OK, our Yosemite trip is planned, we'll be out there from Sunday August 7th to Fri August 12th. It will be hot, but that's when we're in California...will probably head to Tuolumne. Bought a book called "Tuolumne Topropes" which had some, albeit limited, climbing possibilities for us, including which areas were safe for kids to hang out around.

Was wondering if any west-coast gunks.com'ers or their friends are available to spend a day climbing for a day or two? I'd love a tour guide. I'd like to spend 1 or 2 days away from the family and doing multi-pitch and another day top-roping with the family. The rest of the week is for hiking and such... Any recommendations on where to find partners for Yosemite climbing? Last time I was there, I climbed for a day with the guy who answered the phone at the rock shop when I called to ask where to find partners.

Jannette

#14651 - 07/26/05 06:48 PM Re: Yosemite with the family [Re: Jannette]
tradjunkie Online   content
enthusiast

The climbing rangers are currently running 9am coffee on Sundays in Tuolumne instead of the Valley since it's too hot in the valley and all the climbers are camped up at Tuolumne. If it's still running on Aug 7, try there for a partner.
Also, people tend to put notes up at the store in Tuolumne.

I think you'll do better TRing with kids in Tuolumne than the valley anyway. There's a fair amount of moderate stuff.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored