Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15574 - 07/09/05 06:10 AM Re: TTT [Re: crackers]
hartmann Offline

Loc: Northfield, VT
Nice thing about living in Switzerland is the coverage of the tour on Eurosport is excellent. I’ve heard four theories why DZ fell. The chain slipping, touching the wheel of the bike in front of him, pulling out of the pedal and a police officer standing inside the barrier getting in the way. I haven’t seen or heard of DZ giving his own explanation. I can’t believe T-Mobile is supporting Ullrich. Is that just the team front and they are really riding for Vino. I’m starting to think Vino and Basso are the only 2 riders with a realistic chance of upsetting Lance. The mountains will tell in the coming days.

#15575 - 07/10/05 05:16 PM Re: TTT [Re: hartmann]
apologetic Offline
stranger

Loc: New Paltz
i just found out my parents had OLN so i invited myself to stay an extra 5 days..

anyone know a good bar or place in the brooklyn/nyc area?

#15576 - 07/11/05 01:56 PM Re: TTT [Re: apologetic]
GeeVee Offline
Auto Reply

Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I don't think there are any.

#15577 - 07/11/05 03:37 PM Re: TTT [Re: GeeVee]
apologetic Offline
stranger

Loc: New Paltz
Quote:

I don't think there are any.

well the internet makes it hard to see through sarcasm so i figured i'd clarify
i ment a bar or place that would carry the tour de france.. like a sports bar of sorts.

#15578 - 07/12/05 04:34 PM Re: don't read if you havent watched the stage [Re: apologetic]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
i don't think there are any...

did anybody see today's stage? what happened to tmob? wows again...

#15579 - 07/12/05 05:49 PM Re: don't read if you havent watched the stage [Re: crackers]
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
I just read the recap of today (Tuesday)'s stage. I think I'm going to have to see whose TV I can hijack tonight! Sounds explosive.

#15580 - 07/12/05 06:22 PM Re: SPOILER - don't read if you havent watched the stage [Re: Julie]
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
What a f'n awesome stage today, and I could only follow via internet updates.

Disco used their patented gameplan to perfection again today - ride as hard and as fast on the approaches as possible, shatter the peloton, then let Lance do what he does at the very end.

Impressive.

The preceeding days sandbagging (you could also call it a taper - pure genius) paid off in spades, as the entire Disco Blue Train was rocking it today.

Big props to Rasmussen (ex-MTB'er) and Valverde for very impressive rides.
Valverde can climb w/ Lance and then outsprint him - WOW. Hello next big cycling star.

Barring an off day or accident for Lance and Disco, I think we just saw the beginning (and middle) of the end for the other pre-race GC contenders/pretenders.

Tommorrow should be another great stage. Can't wait!!!

#15581 - 07/12/05 08:06 PM Re: SPOILER - don't read if you havent watched the stage [Re: MurphysLaw]
hartmann Offline

Loc: Northfield, VT
Great stage today watching Lance drop his rivals one by one. It seems I (and many others) was wrong about Vino. It wasn't much of a surprise that Valverde outsprinted Lance. The commentators on EUROSPORT were saying that would be the likely out come with 10 km to go. I think that is why Lance started the sprint with 500m to go, in an effort to get Valverde off his wheel. Didn't work, but good effort. Now to play devil's advocate. At Lances age, will he be able to recover to defend or attack on another big mountain stage tomorrow. If younger guys like rassmussen, Valverde and Vino recover better and attack him tomorow, it could make things interesting. I would not count Vino out. He may just have had a bad day. If that means he is fresher for the two HC climbs tomorrow, that could be trouble.

#15582 - 07/12/05 11:14 PM Re: SPOILER - don't read if you havent watched the stage [Re: hartmann]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
I think rasmussen and valverde will be there tommorrow and on the 15th, but I think that vino will lose some more minutes and then try to do a stage win. The only guy who can TT as well as lance on TMob is Ullrich, and i think they'll ride in support of him.

i think we'll see the postal train again tommorrow...which makes me wonder if they were screwing around on saturday. LA said in an interview that they hadn't ridden saturday's stage before and they got confused about where it ended...who knows, maybe they were sandbagging.

#15583 - 07/13/05 12:34 AM Re: TTT [Re: apologetic]
GeeVee Offline
Auto Reply

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
i ment a bar or place that would carry the tour de france.. like a sports bar of sorts.

The ticker at the bottom of the screen on OLN just mentioned something about tomorrow's stage being on the big screen in Times Square starting at 9 o'clock. It's not a bar so you'll have to bring your own beverage. Just don't get yourself a summons for an open container (I get to see all of those - we know who you are).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored