Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#16569 - 10/31/05 02:27 AM Re: Where to go skiing in early December? [Re: TimTheClimber]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I trust everyone realizes that Wildcat NH opened on Friday and Killington's opening day was Saturday? Stowe, MRG, Sugarbush, Pico and a few others were heavily tracked out from the earning their turns crowd. All reported mid-winter powder conditions. Here's a report on Killington's opening day.

#16570 - 10/31/05 03:09 AM Re: Where to go skiing in early December? [Re: MarcC]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Amazing conditions for OCTOBER.

#16571 - 11/07/05 03:43 PM Re: Where to go skiing in early December? [Re: MarcC]
andrew Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Denver, CO
i finally got out to alta this weekend. pretty thin, but got good turns in fresh snow on saturday. spent sunday doing ritualistic snow dances so this week's storms don't fizzle like the last one did.

my tomatos and basil are still producing heavily in november. this is just not right.

#16572 - 11/10/05 08:56 PM Re: Where to go skiing in early December? [Re: andrew]
Cascade Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Excellent early season out in the Cascdes. Several feet of the new stuff. A couple of the downhill areas have opened already. I got 5,000 vertical on a couple of yo-yos in the Mt. Rainer backcountry last weekend. Should be a good season. If you're into the downhill scene check out Whistler, Sun Peaks, or other interior BC places. They should be rockin' by now.

#16573 - 11/17/05 12:14 PM Re: Where to go skiing in early December? [Re: Smike]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Snow on Colorado's mountains? Check out this Nov. 16 high-altitude photo.

#16574 - 11/17/05 04:18 PM Re: Where to go skiing in early December? [Re: oenophore]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

Snow on Colorado's mountains?

Currently A-Basin, Breck, Copper, Keystone, Loveland, Wolf Creek and Winter Park are operating in one fashion or another. Eldora and Vail open tomorrow, Crested Butte on Saturday. All are or will be operating with no more than 30% of their terrain. Very little (if any, depending on area) expert terrain is open.

Typically in the west, we need a good 4 feet of settled base to cover up the rocks.

#16575 - 11/18/05 12:41 AM Re: Where to go skiing in early December? [Re: MarcC]
intrepid02 Offline
Snarky Bastard

Loc: Boulder
I'm opening the season for myself on Saturday at Keystone. A bunch of folks I know have already been out to Brek, Keystone, and A-Basin and the reports were all good. It's early season stuff, but still well worthwhile, according to them... Of course almost everyone in Denver has a season pass, so its not like we're paying by the day or anything.

Of course, it's not too likely I'll get much further than the bunny slopes on Saturday, so...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored