Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (wivanov), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#16687 - 10/22/05 03:55 AM Re: Odometers and blinkies [Re: Julie]
edk Offline
addict

Loc: allentown, NJ
Quote:

I think my bike is generally allergic to electronics. Blinkies break within months, and for the life of me I can't get my Polar computer to detect a signal.

So: what blinkie have you found to last? (Edk, what lighting system do you use for your commute?)

And: what simple (just distance, ave speed, time) wireless computer would you recommend?

I use a $20 blackburn blinkie in the rear - very bright with side amber flashers. I say they are disposable and never last more than one winter.

I pick up cheap flashers for the helmet - specialized has a single unti that has a helmet mount -- fireball?

Then the pricey one is the niterider HID blowtorch upfront $400 clams on that one, but it lights up the night and then some, cars actaully give me MROE respect int eh dark than light with it on.

As far as computers - I have a specialized that has a backlight for darkness. $20 - $100 - in the winter I go for an ECHO F1 - $20 and no light, but who cares its bombproof, but basic. I usuually go through one cheap one a season or two and one good one every 3 years or so.

I also use various reflective stuffs, and strap a falsher to my left wrist.

Seems the stuff never makes it through the winter and I come out just barely making it to spring. I do ride 3 soid months in the dark, alomst never when its light so the investment is worth it. GOOD LUCK!

#16688 - 10/22/05 05:16 AM Re: Odometers and blinkies [Re: edk]
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
Thanks, Ed. I saw someone out with fluorescent orange gloves a bit back - those might be a good idea for you.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored