Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#17370 - 12/02/05 12:28 AM MSR lightning ascent- Vs'- denali Evo Ascent.
Spiderman Offline
Site Supporter

Loc: Long Island N.Y.
Aside from price what are the pros and cons.
lightning's are a little lighter, but I have not used either.

#17371 - 12/02/05 05:14 AM Re: MSR lightning ascent- Vs'- denali Evo Ascent. [Re: Spiderman]
intrepid02 Offline
Snarky Bastard

Loc: Boulder
I was shocked to see the new fangled MSR snowshoes at REI. I think the Denali's are far superior. This is primarly because they are almost completely bombproof and a million times more versatile than the average snowshoe cuz you can adjust for flotation as needed (with the snap on tails).

The new ones might be OK for groomed trails at a resort or something, but... What in the hell is the point in that? People who snowshoe at resorts completely boggle my mind. There's a freakin lift dude!!

#17372 - 12/02/05 05:15 PM Re: MSR lightning ascent- Vs'- denali Evo Ascent. [Re: intrepid02]
CrackBoy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Republic of Davis
i have the evo ascents. i like em alot, though if weight is an issue you might want to look at the lightnings. they have really good float, and while they do have the additional tails, the one tim ei have put them on, i had them on for lik e15 minutes before i ripped em off, i felt like they made everything more awkward

i think the lightnings are supposed to be the do all backcountry crampon and not the resort model

#17373 - 12/09/05 01:44 AM Re: MSR lightning ascent- Vs'- denali Evo Ascent. [Re: CrackBoy]
Spiderman Offline
Site Supporter

Loc: Long Island N.Y.
I think I am getting the denali, treads are steel the lighting are Aluminum

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored