Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 2 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#18074 - 02/20/06 02:23 PM Re: Fifteen Dollars [Re: Kent]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
bump

#18075 - 02/20/06 06:03 PM Re: Fifteen Dollars [Re: Kent]
talus Offline
veteran

seems like ever since Thom Scheuer left; the prevserve started acting like an aggresive business. i wish Thom was still around

#18076 - 02/20/06 06:04 PM Re: Fifteen Dollars [Re: talus]
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Quote:

seems like ever since Thom Scheuer left; the prevserve started acting like an aggresive business. i wish Thom was still around

Concur. Thom was the foundation for all things climbing goodness. Still very sad to think of the loss.

#18077 - 02/22/06 06:08 PM Re: Fifteen Dollars [Re: Kent]
MohonkPreserve Offline
stranger

Marc -- Thanks very much for keeping this discussion in the realm of reality. Really appreciate your helping us keep the facts straight.

Kent -- I really don’t intend to get into an on-line debate about how every past grant of the Preserve’s was used: we simply don’t have the staffing to engage in such fruitless Monday-morning quarter-backing. So, I’m happy to respond to questions you have that are constructive and substantive. Otherwise, I won’t be taking the time to respond.

To answer your question about the use of the balance of the Tremaine grant, it covered the staffing, direct, and overhead costs of responding to local communities’ requests for biodiversity data; printing and distributing two brochures – one for local residents on “green” landscaping; one on community planning; and conducting and publicizing the annual Partnership lecture series.

Debi Clifford, Communications Director

#18078 - 02/24/06 12:43 PM Re: Fifteen Dollars [Re: MohonkPreserve]
Steven Cherry Offline

veteran

Loc: New York, N.Y.
To answer your question about the use of the balance of the Tremaine grant, it covered the staffing, direct, and overhead costs of responding to local communities’ requests for biodiversity data; printing and distributing two brochures – one for local residents on “green” landscaping; one on community planning; and conducting and publicizing the annual Partnership lecture series.

I share Kent's gratitude for your engaging in a public dialog, and his sense of wonder that every answer seems to inspire more questions.

So that's $140,000 ($190k minus $50k) for brochures? or $162,000? ($190k minus $28k).

And how many "requests for biodiversity data" were there and how much of the $190,000 was charged against that activity? Is the current discussion we're having considered "requests for financial data" and what account is it being charged against and in what amount?

#18079 - 03/13/06 12:56 PM Frickin' theives, they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: MohonkPreserve]
Eddie Offline
veteran

Loc: NP. NY
prices rise! but for what?

i will not pay! i promise! look for my ford wagon. catch me if you can.

15 dollars is absurd. boycott paying! climb on the week days!
in 5-7 years the price has risen from $5 to $15?!?!?! the gas prices have not risen by such a percentage, and we thought the US govt were greedy pricks!!!
they will charge for parking next. and then after that by pack weight. after that they will charge per foot of your rope! and then for bolt (YUCK!) clipping. and then............
maybe they will put in a tram to take me to my favorite climb to wait in line.......
greedy dickheads!
anyone who thinks that $15 is no big deal and i should pay it should SEND ME $15! YEAH!!! thats right all you morons who think that fess up and send me the check! come on! you think you are right, step up and pay me.....i promise to use the money for good! YEAH! just as i thought! a bunch of shit talkers. come on, pay up!

eddie is back. miss me?
har har har

#18080 - 03/13/06 01:09 PM Re: RE: Preserve Day Fee Increase [Re: MohonkPreserve]
Eddie Offline
veteran

Climbing costs more than hiking: There are significant costs related to allowing rock climbing at the Preserve – such as increased insurance and the costs of specialized rescue operations and additional facilities. We also have one of the best-trained, vertical rescue teams in the northeastern United States. This kind of training is the result of thousands of staff hours and requires state-of-the-art equipment.

cost of specialized rescue ops? what are you talking about? a litter and a bit of extra long ropes and some pullies? how is that specialized? now if you had a chopper, that is specialized!!! the other shit is one step above the normal aid clibers rack.....and only because you may have a longer rope than most aid climbers!

best trained rescue personal? compaired to who? yosemite? alaskan rescue teams? come on. i can do everything they do and i never received this thousand of hours of training!!! and state of the art gear? like what? cams? yeah right!oh! i forgot, "you" installed state of the art bolts so now you can drop right in!!! (oh! i just read it again. in NE US! well there are ony a few major climbing areas in NE US, so you have no real competition to compare to. lets get me and a few of my aid climbing budies out there and we will see how "highly trained" you are compared to a bunch of uneducated dirtbag wall rats!)

if you want more money, just say it like this. " we are greedy people and we need more money to fuel our SUVs and to buy more shoes for your wives" this is almost acceptable as at least it is the TRUTH!

as always i stand behind my actions. i have not, do not, and will not pay you thieves. you guys are way off base with this!

eddie

#18081 - 03/13/06 01:19 PM Re: RE: Preserve Day Fee Increase [Re: Eddie]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

OK Mr. Pink.

#18082 - 03/13/06 02:04 PM Who is the thief? [Re: alicex4]
D75 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Holiday Inn Express
Eddie - Seems you got it backwards.
Perhaps someday your truck or rack will be stolen.
Grow up!

#18083 - 03/13/06 03:07 PM Re: Who is the thief? [Re: D75]
Eddie Offline
veteran

"maybe my truck or rack will be stolen".
it has happened before, maybe again. whatever i am not afraid.
"grow up"
D75 bite me! ....oh! should i be expecting $15 from you? do you need my address? my truck? my rack?
eddie

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored