Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#18179 - 02/17/06 09:15 PM Preserve neighbors speak up
MohonkPreserve Offline
stranger

As landowners who have worked directly with Mohonk Preserve on land transactions, we would like to express our informed opinion of this upstanding organization that serves our communities in many ways. Through our own separate transactions, we have worked with the Preserve on conservation measures such as conservation easements or gifts and sales of land to help increase the amount of open, protected space on the ridge.

We choose to work with the Preserve because of its integrity and shared commitment to the protection of the natural resources that create the uniqueness of our region. Through the Preserve’s Land Protection Program, we have been able to include our lands in the legacy of the Shawangunk Ridge to benefit our communities’ future generations.

In addition to fully endorsing the Preserve’s Land Protection Program, we also support the Preserve for its dedication to land stewardship, field research, and the education of thousands of students annually, and for providing peaceful recreational opportunities.

June Finer
Anka Angrist
Burt Angrist
Sven Hartmann
Connie Beckley
Paul Karmas
Lucy Karmas
Fran Dunwell
Barbara Rubin
Gloria Finger
Frank Finger
Gary Finger
Nicola Tyson
Bob Anderberg
Elaine Laflamme
Dr. Stephen Larsen
Dr. Robin Larsen
James Milne
Judy Milne
Mary Davis
Jesse Davis
Bob Johnston
Virginia Johnston
Sarah Johnston

#18180 - 02/20/06 02:22 PM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: MohonkPreserve]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
It's wonderful that the above neighbors have such a favorable opinion of the Preserve. Hopefully one day all MP neighbors will have good cause to form such an opinion.

#18181 - 02/21/06 06:48 AM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: Kent]
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Excuse my bluntness (or don't !! -- your choice) but, when you post it as an advertisement of the Mohonk Preserve and under the USER ID Mohonk Preserve it comes across as complete political bullsheet. No value at all to anyone. Just makes you look like a fool and a tool.

Now, if those people themselves took the time to actually write a document and make it public I would lend it more creedence.

Until that time, this shameless PR stunt is labled LAME CORPORATE MANUEVERING and drokodos gives it three butt cheek spankings on a scale of 1 to 4.

And stop sending me the pretentious and annoying "CHALLENGE" letters to grab more of my money. SELL that White Elephant you have sitting under the Hairpin or make some better investment decisions.

Edited by drkodos (02/21/06 06:49 AM)

#18182 - 02/21/06 06:55 AM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: drkodos]
drkodos Offline
addict

I am convinced more than ever that some major shennanigens are brewing and these little PR forays are out here testing the waters before the excrement is tossed onto rotating blades.

So, what you peeps got up your sleeves this time, eh?

Listen if you really wanted to PRESERVE it shut it down to all human traffic. Since that is clearly not the case, stop pretending it ain't about the money. You ain't fooiing anyone anymore. You have become a corporate entity masquerading as some benvolent dictator. The newest shift in corporate raiding manuevers. Take over Land trusts and Nature preserves and the like from withion and change the economic infrastructure of the beast, and then find ways to grow some nice annuities (like you peeps love to invest in).

You ain't fooling very many people. Then again, after reading boards like this, and the plethora of boobery that passes as discouse here, maybe you are!

#18183 - 02/21/06 01:53 PM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: drkodos]
yorick Offline
old hand

Loc: hamlet\'s hand
Quote:

Excuse my bluntness (or don't !! -- your choice) but, when you post it as an advertisement of the Mohonk Preserve and under the USER ID Mohonk Preserve it comes across as complete political bullsheet. No value at all to anyone. Just makes you look like a fool and a tool.

It is unclear to me whether you are referring to the group who posted this thread (some of whom have Gunks first ascents from the '50s & '60s and who have owned ridge property for decades) or to the Preserve's responses in general.

I am not sure why you regard the Preserve's keeping tabs on a public discussion board as peeping, especially when some threads relate to or question Preserve policy/operations by its members and largest user group. On several occasions they have been asked questions directly, and it seems to me it is prudent that they respond. Some of the responses have been signed by the Executive Director, the Board Chair, or the Communications Director, sometimes they do appear only as the Mohonk Preserve.

In the interest of transparency, it would be forthcoming for all of the Preserve's responses to be signed.

#18184 - 02/21/06 01:54 PM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: drkodos]
talus Offline
veteran

Kodos

Kenneth Lay is MohonkPreserve

#18185 - 02/21/06 02:33 PM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: yorick]
drkodos Offline
addict

Quote:

Quote:

It is unclear to me whether you are referring to the group who posted this thread (some of whom have Gunks first ascents from the '50s & '60s and who have owned ridge property for decades) or to the Preserve's responses in general.

I am not sure why you regard the Preserve's keeping tabs on a public discussion board as peeping, especially when some threads relate to or question Preserve policy/operations by its members and largest user group. On several occasions they have been asked questions directly, and it seems to me it is prudent that they respond. Some of the responses have been signed by the Executive Director, the Board Chair, or the Communications Director, sometimes they do appear only as the Mohonk Preserve.

In the interest of transparency, it would be forthcoming for all of the Preserve's responses to be signed.

Nice Corpo Speak.

You have completely misread and misrepesented the point by assuming I care about them "peeping". Where the fornicate did I use that word, "peep"?

Something major is brewing. Their post was a preemptive action regarding something that ythey have not yet disclosed.

Anyone that trusts these fools deserves what they get in their end.

#18186 - 02/21/06 03:19 PM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: drkodos]
GeeVee Offline
Auto Reply

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Where the fornicate did I use that word, "peep"?

I believe Yorick was responding to your statement:

So, what you peeps got up your sleeves this time, eh?

I also believe you were using the word "peeps" as shorthand for "people" but this was perhaps misunderstood by Yorick.

Now back to the mudslinging...

#18187 - 02/21/06 04:41 PM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: drkodos]
GymClimbingPoser Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Logan, UT
Kodos-
I can see straight through your pinko-paranoia plot. What have you got up yer sleeve this time? I'm onto your master plan to erode support for the preserve while building your own influence in the all-important climbing community. Yessir, you and your intricate conspiracy almost slipped by me, but you have to get up preeeeety early in the morning to escape my watchdog eyes.

Oh, and good to hear that some of the preserve neighbors are happy, kudos to all.

#18188 - 02/21/06 05:26 PM Re: Preserve neighbors speak up [Re: GymClimbingPoser]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
some of the preserve neighbors are happy

emphasis on some

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored