Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (DMD, Fraser), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#18478 - 03/13/06 06:39 PM Elbow pain
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
Yes, biking elbow pain.

Location: inside of elbow, on & around the bony protrusion there, between that protrusion & the elbow proper.

Pain: burning achy. Hurts most when I am on the bike or extend my arm fully.

I've been taking a spin class ~2x/week since January. They're LeMond spin bikes, and we can adjust bar height and fore/aft, but not bar width. The bars are pretty wide - hands on the horizontal bar is ok/normal position, but hands on vertical bars (ie, standing) is wide.

Sadly, this pain translates to normal biking. Anyone have ideas? My road bike is custom geometry fitted to me, and I've never had this problem before (since 3 years of road biking, and many before that on mtn). I suspect it's the spin class ("Dr, it hurts when I do that! So don't DO that!"), which I'll quit once the time changes again. But - what to do in the meantime? What is this pain?

Any other roadie forums where I can ask this question?

Grazi,
Jules

#18479 - 03/14/06 02:01 AM Re: Elbow pain [Re: Julie]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
10 to 1 its the length between the nose of the saddle and the stem. Measure your comfortable bike, and adjust the spin bike to fit. Width of bar most likely has nothing to do with what your describing. Besides, the bike aint on rollers, you can always choke in...

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored