Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (Coppertone, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#19051 - 03/30/06 05:19 AM Speed of Change
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
6 hours ago I owned over $12,000 worth of climbing gear.

Thanks to the "help" of a friend, I now need to start all over again. No shit. The only things left are some retired mank pieces that wouldn't even get me safely up Bunny.

34 years of rack-building lost due to a person's ability to comprehend and follow through with the need to use a latch/lock for it's intended purpose.

Despite the fact it is only material posessions, pieces of metal, dinosaurs and ferns metamophed into shiny colors, I was extremely attached to each and every piece.

I feel like Leon did in Bladerunner when he lost his precious photos.

"Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder roared around their shores; burning at the fires of Orc."

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. "

Time to die.

#19052 - 03/30/06 11:06 AM Re: Speed of Change [Re: drkodos]
D75 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Holiday Inn Express
Quote:

drkodos free soloed 34 routes in one day (An El Cap day sans rope!)....

... and can't get up Bunny safely...

Guess there is always Betty...Go for 100.

#19053 - 03/30/06 11:17 AM Re: Speed of Change [Re: drkodos]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Are you a theft victim?

#19054 - 03/30/06 02:32 PM Re: Speed of Change [Re: oenophore]
nerdom Offline
Pooh-Bah *

Loc: Davis Sq., MA
dude, I'm sorry for your loss, and wouldn't wish it on anyone (not even you), but knowing you only from your internet personality (i know, I know, it's not "the real you"), one might certainly be led to speculate about a certain universal phenomenon/force expounded by one Carson Daly* known as:

Just food for thought . . .

* (for fellow "My Name is Earl" fans out there)

#19055 - 03/30/06 03:27 PM Re: Speed of Change [Re: nerdom]
drkodos Offline
addict

Quote:

dude, I'm sorry for your loss, and wouldn't wish it on anyone (not even you), but knowing you only from your internet personality (i know, I know, it's not "the real you"), one might certainly be led to speculate about a certain universal phenomenon/force expounded by one Carson Daly* known as:

Just food for thought . . .

* (for fellow "My Name is Earl" fans out there)

Dude,

In the real world I have made many more deposits in the Karma bank than I have withdrawn.

Now, if there were such a thing as Karma, I would be golden. I have proved to many people that there is no such thing as Karma. It is an illusion.

Now dig this:

I am not the one suffereing. My friend who caused the calamity is. SO, if there is bad Karma, it is his bad Karma. I have not lost anything except material posessions. He has lost his soul because of it. I am still me.

So, next time you want to apply your silly bastardized template of Eastern Philsophy onto me, try to do so with greater accuracy.

#19056 - 03/30/06 04:03 PM Re: Speed of Change [Re: drkodos]
dalguard Offline
veteran

Loc: CT
Everyone should remember that homeowner's insurance will cover theft from your car. All climbers should have homeowner's insurance, even renters. For renters, it's really cheap and very worth it.

#19057 - 03/30/06 04:30 PM Re: Speed of Change [Re: dalguard]
drkodos Offline
addict

Quote:

Everyone should remember that homeowner's insurance will cover theft from your car. All climbers should have homeowner's insurance, even renters. For renters, it's really cheap and very worth it.

It was not a car theft.

He does not have homeowners insurance anyway. Also, the items must be listed as well, AND you get about 25 cents on the dollar for used climbing gear.

There is a story to tell, but I ain't telling it yet. Not until all things have passed and the denoument has been acheived.

Until then, keep speculating, folks. I love watching how you people fold others people's experiences into perspectives that I didd not see, or perhaps was unable to. And I mean that sincerely. I enjoy seeing people put out their opinions and ideas that I would have never imagined.

I continually learn something from each and everyone of you that posts.

#19058 - 03/30/06 04:40 PM Re: Speed of Change [Re: drkodos]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard

#19059 - 03/30/06 05:06 PM Re: Speed of Change [Re: dalguard]
dalguard Offline
veteran

Loc: CT
I didn't say it was a car theft. You're inferring that.

#19060 - 03/30/06 05:51 PM Re: Speed of Change [Re: drkodos]
mworking Offline
old hand

Quote:

He does not have homeowners insurance anyway.

Is "HE" a typo, or are you having trouble remembering what you made up just a few minutes ago?

Quote:

Also, the items must be listed as well, AND you get about 25 cents on the dollar for used climbing gear.

This is all policy dependant. Read your policy before you purchase it! Good policies are not that hard to come by.

Didn't you post something similar - somewhere - not too long ago?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored