Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#19525 - 04/14/06 03:51 AM AMGA Toprope Site Manager Course
jcantor Offline
stranger

Hey everybody...has anyone had any experience with an AMGA TRSM course through one of the local guiding companies? What company did you use? The only one that currently lists it on their site is alpine endeavors. When did you take the course? I plan on taking one sometime in June and I'm just trying to get some info. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was the price? I plan on inquiring with the guide companies but I just want to see what other people have to say as well.

Thanks,
Josh

#19526 - 04/18/06 01:04 PM Re: AMGA Toprope Site Manager Course [Re: jcantor]
pjbuehner Offline

Loc: Maine
I took it with Marc Chauvin who works out of North Conway NH. He is a nice guy, as qualified as they get, and the course is run in a beautiful part of the Northeast.
Your level of experience will determine how much you get out of it I guess. I had some folks who had never led in my class and who were fairly new to gear. I had been leading for 5 years when I took it and still walked away with some very good tricks and ideas to use. It seems to be getting more and more common for camps, etc to require this cert. I cannot remember what it cost. My boss at the time covered a big part of it.
Good Luck

Peter

#19527 - 04/19/06 04:54 PM Re: AMGA Toprope Site Manager Course [Re: jcantor]
Tai Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Middle of nowhere: South Salem...
I took mine through Alpine Endeavors. I took the course spread out over five months (from March through August, 2005), as I couldn't afford the entire cost at one shot. I ended up paying more because I essentially had private instruction (except for the review and final), but it was the only way for me to do it. Therefore, any answers on cost for you wouldn't apply.

Marty Molitoris (Alpine Endeavors), I believe, is the only AMGA-certified TRSM Instructor in the Gunks area.

T

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored