Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20009 - 05/02/06 05:12 PM Re: Your $100 check [Re: crackers]
Kevin Offline
enthusiast

lol... I cannot wait to see the arguing and debates that this whole plan is going to cause... If nothing else, it will be fun to watch everyone in Washington get agitated for a while... It will be a train wreck, you will not want to watch, but you cannot pull your eyes away.

#20010 - 05/03/06 01:20 PM Re: Your $100 check [Re: intrepid02]
chazman Offline
old hand

May 3, 2006
Plan for $100 Gas Rebate Appears to Be Dead
By CARL HULSE
WASHINGTON, May 2 — A Republican proposal to provide taxpayers with $100 rebates to compensate for higher fuel prices appeared all but dead on Tuesday, with leading Congressional Republicans saying that it had quickly fallen flat.

"I just think that trying to satisfy voters with a $100 voucher is insulting," said Representative John A. Boehner of Ohio, the House majority leader. "Over the weekend, I heard about it from my constituents a few times. They thought it was stupid."

Other Republicans in the House and Senate did not mince words either.

"It was a silly idea," said Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona, a member of the Republican leadership, who predicted that the rebate would not be in the final energy package when it reached the floor.

#20011 - 05/03/06 11:47 PM Re: Your $100 check [Re: chazman]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Quote:

May 3, 2006
Plan for $100 Gas Rebate Appears to Be Dead

Actually, Senator Frist MD just watched an edited videotape of the bill and he pronounced it quite alive and responding to music and the voices of family members.

#20012 - 05/04/06 02:06 AM Re: Your $100 check [Re: Mike Rawdon]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
NUCULER. What's wrong with that?

#20013 - 05/15/06 09:59 AM Re: Your $100 check [Re: intrepid02]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
From Intrepid02's four-part suggestion:

3. Make an honest attempt at making alternative fuels workable in this country (and coal is NOT an alternative fuel)

See how well coal powers China. From NASA's Earth Observatory website:

Much of the land surface is obscured in this oblique image of the North China Plain and parts of Inner Mongolia. In this image, a mass of gray smog—mainly industrial pollution and smoke from domestic burning—obscures Beijing and surrounding cities. Numerous plumes with their source points appear within the mass. Beijing suffers some of the worst air pollution in the world from these chronic sources, and the characteristic colors and textures of the smog can be easily seen through the windows of the International Space Station.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored