Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (edthomas), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#21171 - 05/23/06 10:31 PM Dear Glen Hoagland
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Loc: NY, CA, Deutschland
Dear Glen Hoagland,

In a recent post on Gunks.com entitled "an open letter to the Mohonk Preserve" you state that the Mohonk Preserve has friendly relations with over 200 of your neighbors. How many of those 200 neighbors would call the Mohonk Preserve a friend? I note this because you only have 13 families on the post entitled "preserve neighbors speak up". If you are so friendly with the others, why such a short list? Have you had contact with all 200+ neighbors to attest to this friendship? Was the letter by Mrs. Boice Wick a fluke, or are there others that you wrongly spoke for. The "Preserve neighbors speak up" post was also under the Mohonk Preserve username which begs the question, did you have to solicit those names? Or were these "friendly" neighbors that you speak of, writting on their own behalf? I found Bob Anderberg's signature quite interesting. As the executive director, it would seem like a good idea to see why some of your neighbors are angry with You and the Mohonk Preserve. But the problem is, You just deny everything, fail to respond, or lie. An example of this can be seen in your response at the end of the Susan Boice Wick letter.

Glenn Hoagland, Executive Director of the Mohonk Preserve, responds to Susan Wick’s letter: “Having had a lengthy, amicable meeting with you several years ago, we are surprised that you have waited until now to air your concerns- and in the press, rather than to the Preserve directly. If you would like to discuss and resolve these issues directly, please contact me directly. The Preserve policy is to work one-on-one with our neighbors to reach agreements, rather than misdirecting such communications via the press. We look forward to hearing from you”.

You appear surprised that she is so angry, I guess you thought you were friends..... Well Glen, wake up! How many of the people on the "preserve neighbors speak up post" have you contacted, after this post was submitted, to try and remedy the problem? People are pissed Glen, and your 200+ friendly neighbors speech is as tiring as Bush's Iraq speech. Even your response to Susan Boice Wick is full of contradictions. For example you wrote in the above statement "The Preserve policy is to work one-on-one with our neighbors to reach agreements, rather than misdirecting such communications via the press." Yet you use the press in the same way that the Mohonk Neighbors did. As the executive director of the Mohonk Preserve an explaination to the above questions is requested. Thanks.

I look forward to your response.

#21172 - 05/25/06 02:37 AM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: smokejumper1]
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Holding you breath? hehehe

There will be no response. And if there is, it will be a vague, non-commital, non-denial denial that tells us nothing but attempts to spin the facts and make covert their warts.

Bureaucracies cannot afford to get into pissing contests because they could actually lose.

#21173 - 05/25/06 02:51 AM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: drkodos]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Quote:

Holding you breath? hehehe

There will be no response. And if there is, it will be a vague, non-commital, non-denial denial that tells us nothing but attempts to spin the facts and make covert their warts.

Bureaucracies cannot afford to get into pissing contests because they could actually lose.

I am willing to hear their spin on it.............Bueller.........Bueller........anyone.......Hoagland......

#21174 - 05/27/06 07:46 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: smokejumper1]
drkodos Offline
addict

Still waiting.

#21175 - 05/30/06 12:07 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: drkodos]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Quote:

Still waiting.

Well Dr K. It's only been a week.......... Maybe Glen is on vacation, had a family emergency, or is contemplating a well thought out response. I'm sure he'll get around to it soon, I mean, saving the land for life is a big job.

#21176 - 05/30/06 01:22 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: smokejumper1]
museumdork Offline
Site Supporter

Loc: new paltz
Quote:

But the problem is, You just deny everything, fail to respond, or lie.

part of the difficulty in Web communication seems to be that irony is lost, so I can't tell if you truly expect a reply from Glen.

Me? I wouldn't even bother responding to someone who wrote the above. But that's just me.

Or perhaps Glen is suspicious of anonymous diatribes. Kodos (Richard) and certainly Kent put their names to their words. Why not sign your post so he can know who's talking to him?

Of course, if you were being ironic, well then just forget everything I said.

Dell

#21177 - 06/05/06 04:15 AM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: museumdork]
drkodos Offline
addict

Well, my family membership has expired and The Preserve will never get anymore money from me.

Of course, that is what they really want anyway. I am not their type of people. Nor are they mine.

I hope one day the enitre house of cards collapses and the land is available for private purchase. That's the only time when I would be willing to spend any of my money again on the ridge. I support private development and do not support any of these self-serving, lying and vaccuous bureaucracies that have their own survival and growth as their main objective.

Save the ridge?

Nikkah, please. You want to save it? Stop climbing there and allowing hundred of idiots to crawl along it every weekend. Until I see that happening, The Preserve remains in my eyes merely a front for private enterprise to masquerade as a filter to only allow those special people to develop along the ridge. Like that idiotic white elephant visitor center built right into the talus slope.

When they come to their sense and move that stupid pit toilet from the Uberfall I might reconsider, but I doubt it. Nothing is as telling as to what they really think of climbers, and how the Access Fund feels as well, for putting that stinky sh*t hole in the most crowded part of the ridge so that everyone can smell it on hot days in the summer.

You people that enjoy looking at the naked emperor and his dangling genitalia go right ahead and keep doing so.

I'm out.

Later.

#21178 - 06/05/06 01:06 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: drkodos]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

So, let me get this straight. You're not going to climb at the gunks anymore?

#21179 - 06/06/06 02:19 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: strat]
drkodos Offline
addict

Quote:

So, let me get this straight. You're not going to climb at the gunks anymore?

When did I state that?

I don't ever remember needing a membership to climb at the Bank since that is not Preserve property anyway. Neither is most of the Near Trapps.

F the Preserve. They can eat my bragiole.

I have pumped enough of my resources into that area in the past 25 years. I will climb on my friends passes if need be.

Either way, no more dinero from DeCredico. Comprende?

#21180 - 06/06/06 06:02 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: drkodos]
drkodos Offline
addict

Currently in the process of returning-to-sender all the propaganda they pump out and send me.

Although, I am thinking fondly of saving it all and dumping it on their doorsteps. Let them deal with the waste disposal issue they have created. I get some piece of crap mailed to me every month begging for money and I have asked many times in both writing and verbally to be removed.

They don't seem to get the message. Now, it is time for Phase II.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored