Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#21211 - 06/09/06 04:33 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: Kevin]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Loc: NY, CA, Deutschland
Quote:

And the quoted text shows why he probably did not, would not, and will not respond...
Quote:

And by the way, this thread could have ended much quicker if Glen Hoagland(AKA caca de pollo) would have just responded to my post. Me thinks he is not going to respond. Time for plan B.

I hope that 'Plan B' means you actually discuss things without calling someone cheeky names to think you are funny... Why not send an actual letter, maybe even registered with signature required to him at the Preserve. I am sure that would earn you a little more credit in his book for a response instead of being anonymous on an internet website. Then you can call him out in a very public setting, maybe with your actual name attached, in something like the local paper, and not a climbers website.

Thanks Dad....

#21212 - 06/09/06 04:39 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: smokejumper1]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Is Kevin the resident humorless ass around here? I'm sorry I offended you kev.

#21213 - 06/09/06 04:45 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: smokejumper1]
Kevin Offline
enthusiast

WOW.. you are really the smart one... Now we know what level of child we are dealing with.

#21214 - 06/09/06 04:48 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: Kevin]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Quote:

WOW.. you are really the smart one... Now we know what level of child we are dealing with.

Kev, time for you to take a nice long climb and release some of that pent up anger.

#21215 - 06/09/06 04:55 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: smokejumper1]
Kevin Offline
enthusiast

Maybe you should learn to take criticism as well... And you wonder why someone in a position of authority from the Preserve will not repsond to you on this site...

#21216 - 06/09/06 05:06 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: Kevin]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Quote:

Maybe you should learn to take criticism as well... And you wonder why someone in a position of authority from the Preserve will not repsond to you on this site...

Nice try Kev, In my original letter, there are no false statements, and Hoagland has not responded because he knows that. My original letter was clearly written and non offensive (except to MuseumDork ). So if you're offended by my caca de pollo remark, sorry, it was poking fun at Hoagland's lack of response. If you read into it more than that, you are this site's true humorless ass. Now go decompress.

#21217 - 06/09/06 06:32 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: smokejumper1]
Daniel Offline
veteran

Quote:

My original letter was clearly written and non offensive

But the problem is, You just deny everything, fail to respond, or lie.

If you believed you were doing something in good faith, and someone made that remark to you, you wouldn't be offended? And would such a remark make you more or less likely to engage in a dialogue with that person?

If someone tells me that I deny everything or lie, why should I bother responding when I know I won't be believed anyway?

#21218 - 06/09/06 07:25 PM is Glen Hoagland a climber? [Re: smokejumper1]
mworking Offline
old hand

???

#21219 - 06/09/06 07:26 PM Re: Dear Glen Hoagland [Re: Daniel]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Quote:

Quote:

My original letter was clearly written and non offensive

But the problem is, You just deny everything, fail to respond, or lie.

If you believed you were doing something in good faith, and someone made that remark to you, you wouldn't be offended? And would such a remark make you more or less likely to engage in a dialogue with that person?

If someone tells me that I deny everything or lie, why should I bother responding when I know I won't be believed anyway?

Look at Mr Hoagland's response to the Susan Boice Wick letter, that is the type of response that Glen offers. Totally in denial. I have simply pointed this out in my letter. If the truth hurts, too bad. Fix it, don't cry and say, oh so and so was offended. If someone has a problem with my corporation, I deal with it, Bad press is the last thing any business wants. Especially when it's just. Look at the response to the Mohonk Neighbors letter, the Preserve played a tit for tat game and presented a short list of neighbors (bob anderberg included which is so lame in and of itself)who are happy with the preserve. Imagine you bought a product from a company and something is wrong with it, you bring it to the companies attention and they present you with a list of people who have not had a problem with their product. You would probably go ape sh*t . This is what the preserve has done. Glen is a has zero PR skills, and he has demonstrated that over and over again.

#21220 - 06/09/06 07:27 PM Re: is Glen Hoagland a climber? [Re: mworking]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Is that relevant to this thread?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored