Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#21240 - 05/25/06 04:46 AM Reminder: Rosendale Rocks with the Lowell Brothers - this Saturday!
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Gardiner, NY
Rosendale Rocks with Josh and Brett Lowell
Dosage Volume IV Sneak Preview
Saturday, May 27, 7-9pm
Snyder Estate - Widow Jane Mine
668 Route 213, Rosendale, NY

The Gunks Climbers' Coalition, in cooperation with the Century House Historical Society, presents a sneak preview of Dosage Volume IV - two new rock climbing video shorts - in Rosendale's Widow Jane Mine .

The World Premiere of two Doses from the acclaimed Dosage climbing video series by the Lowell brother's Big Up Productions, starring America's three finest rock climbing talents: Tommy Caldwell, Chris Sharma, and Dave Graham. Plus climbing and bouldering photos from around the world, with a behind-the-scenes look at Josh and Brett Lowell's latest adventures.

With musical guest Alex Schein, whose evocative flow and conscious lyricism provides the soundtrack to the Lowell's productions.

Admission $10

For information, contact Chris Spatz: 845-658-9889 or ctspatz@earthlink.net

Bring flashlight, warm jacket and lawn chair

Directions:
From Rock & Snow, take Route 32 North 7 miles to Rosendale. Left onto Route 213 (at Stewart's on the left). 1.7 miles to the Snyder Estate on the right.

Gunks Climbers' Coalition

#21241 - 05/25/06 06:03 PM Re: Reminder: Rosendale Rocks with the Lowell Brothers - this Saturday! [Re: Jannette]
The Lisa Offline
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
Thank you for posting that! I did not know about the event. An ideal plan for Satuday night.

#21242 - 05/29/06 12:50 AM Re: Reminder: Rosendale Rocks with the Lowell Brothers - this Saturday! [Re: The Lisa]
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Gardiner, NY
So, who was there? What did you think?

Jannette

#21243 - 05/29/06 02:04 AM Re: Reminder: Rosendale Rocks with the Lowell Brothers - this Saturday! [Re: Jannette]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
Really great show all around.

Watching Tommy Caldwell running it out on the Changing Corners was unbelievable. There are not many climbing videos that are truly inspiring, and that was one of them.

#21244 - 05/30/06 11:34 AM Re: Reminder: Rosendale Rocks with the Lowell Brothers - this Saturday! [Re: pedestrian]
The Lisa Offline
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the night. The location itself was amazing. Sitting inside the dark Widow Jane mine looking out at the evening was quite a sight. The climbing and bouldering footage was fascinating. I had read about the Changing Corners pitch so to see someone climb it was thrilling.

The freebies were nice too! The 'Dosage III' dvd landed at my feet so we watched it last night - as if we had not had our fill of climbing over the weekend.

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored