Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#21430 - 06/06/06 05:14 PM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: mso4man]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
It's only a matter of time until those bears find the cvampsites within easy walking distance of the carraige road. And when they do.........

RR

#21431 - 06/06/06 05:33 PM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: RangerRob]
irisharehere Offline
Site Supporter

Loc: Danbury CT
Or they start going through packs at the base of the cliff, lookig for a sandwich or two!

#21432 - 06/06/06 05:41 PM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: irisharehere]
The Lisa Offline
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
If a bear pees on my rope should I retire it?

#21433 - 06/06/06 05:54 PM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: The Lisa]
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Quote:

If a bear pees on my rope should I retire it?

Yes.

Also, if the Pope craps in the woods.

Quote:

It's only a matter of time until those bears find the cvampsites within easy walking distance of the carraige road. And when they do.........

RR

Don't tease me and get my hopes up like that.

#21434 - 06/06/06 10:02 PM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: museumdork]
smokejumper1 Offline
journeyman

Loc: NY, CA, Deutschland
Quote:

Could be from the same family (I don't know their daily migration habits), but early Friday morning two bears walked through the backyard woods. They just ambled past as I watched them from the window. Perhaps they were using the Canaan Trail as their Thruway...

I've seen evidence of bears -- mostly just stripped bark -- but never had a visual sighting until Friday.

Dell

I saw a big one on Clove Valley Rd. two weeks ago, totally beautiful. Bears are pretty common, I have seen them a bunch, but you usually have to venture out beyond your window.

#21435 - 06/07/06 11:52 AM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: RangerRob]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
Quote:

RR

What do you mean "when they do..."? They've probably already been there!

It's not climbers or kids from town leaving all those empty and broken bottles around! It's the bears!

#21436 - 06/19/06 09:03 PM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: Dillbag]
Leemouse2 Offline
addict

Loc: Rosendale, NY
We saw a mama and at least one cub (the guy in the van in front of us thought he saw another) on clove road just south of the house with the wild gnarled wood tree root "sculptures" out front. Mid-morning on Saturday last.

I have heard about a lot more bear sightings this year than in the past couple.

#21437 - 06/20/06 02:06 PM Re: You'll never know what you will find at the Gunks on a rainy Saturday [Re: Leemouse2]
nerdom Offline
Pooh-Bah *

Loc: Davis Sq., MA
hmm . . . Clove Road, eh? How long before we'll be jockeying for space at Split Rock with these furballs?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored