Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#22881 - 08/10/06 11:02 AM terrorist accomplishment
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Apropos the current news about a thwarted terrorist plot, I present a thought that I’ve not read or heard written or uttered by the usual pundits. Since the current terrorists set little value on life, theirs or others, we may make some comparison of the expenses of both terrorists and those who combat them.
The former have spent thousands while the latter have spent billions – talk about cost-effectiveness!
I recall the Federal Building in lower Manhattan having a Government Printing Office book store open to the public to browse and shop. Not only is this gone, but a non-employee wishing to enter the building must go through great scrutiny. That building is now undergoing renovations to make it more of a fortress. This sort of thing is happening to many a federal and other government facility throughout the country.
For little cash expense, terrorists have given government the appearance of fear of the public and a desire to keep non-governmental people away. It has been said that terrorists are motivated by a hatred of liberty and freedom enjoyed by people of the “Free World.” Given response by those governments, undermining those very liberties and freedoms, terrorists have made strides in hurting what they allegedly hate. Not that I expect terrorists to prevail, but one has to admit that when it comes to getting the biggest bang for the buck, they are miles ahead of their victims.

#22882 - 08/12/06 11:58 PM Re: terrorist accomplishment [Re: oenophore]
GymClimbingPoser Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Logan, UT
Yawn...

Well said though, I mean apropos, that's a double word score for sure. So terrorists are terrorists because it would be senseless to wage a legal war, and they have made some advancements in their fight. Anything else?

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored