Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#23287 - 08/22/06 05:58 PM Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27)
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Ok, time to vote for the slogan(s) you'd like to see on the 2006 version of the Gunks.com T-shirt.

This slogan will be on the back, and (depending on the slogan) will appear above or below a large Gunks.com logo. The poll is set up so that no one can view the results until the poll has ended. And I'm asking you to pick your top 2 choices.

You can order one or more shirts using the Support Us link in the main menu at the top of the page. Shirts will be ordered on or about September 1st. I will order shirts to accomodate everyone who has donated/ordered, so by pre-ordering you guarantee your size. I'll order an add'l 10% to cover orders after 9/1, but shirts will cost $5 more after the order 9/1 date has passed.

I'll have more details about the shirts shortly. I'm trying to purchase organic cotton shirts.

Thanks.
Which 2 T-Shirt designs are your favorites?
%%NUMBER%% choices allowed 2 (63 total votes)
Glad to be Trad - 19 (30%)
When I can't Climb, I surf... - 11 (17%)
climb, hike, bike, run...repeat - 7 (11%)
Got Beta? - 10 (16%)
...where (Almost) Anything Goes - 16 (25%)
Voting on this poll ends: 08/28/06 03:59 AM

#23288 - 08/23/06 01:38 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: webmaster]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston
I really liked the idea of having "(Almost) Anything Goes" on one side of the shirt, and "Gunks.com" on the other. You kind of lose the point when both appear next to each other, especially if the Gunks.com logo is bigger.

GO

#23289 - 08/23/06 02:38 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: GOclimb]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I really wanted to save the front of the shir for a small breast pocket logo of ClimbingPartner.com, to get it some visability, but let me think about it. Maybe I can do a small ClimbingPartner logo on the backside, beneath the Gunks logo.

-em

#23290 - 08/23/06 04:04 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: webmaster]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
NO!

NO! If it's a Gunks.com T-shirt then it should be a Gunks.com t-shirt!

ClimbingPartner.com should not be a part of it!

I understand that you are trying to get the site out there... but if I/we/me/us/them/they/he/she want a T-shirt for Gunks.com thats all it should be about. We might as well throw rockclimbing.com, neice.com and all those other boards about climbing onto the shirt...
Also since the climbingpartner.com site is supposed to be for all areas/regions/cliffs/crags/mts/boulders/gyms... it kinda makes the shirt less about the Gunks and more about... well... that site...

I think that this has been mentioned before in previous posts!

#23291 - 08/23/06 04:31 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: Dillbag]
nerdom Offline
Pooh-Bah *

Loc: Davis Sq., MA
I second what the dillbag said.

hey, dillbag, you related to dickweed?

#23292 - 08/23/06 07:38 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: Dillbag]
learningtolead Offline
old hand

Loc: a wanna be kerhonkson-er
Quote:

NO!

NO! If it's a Gunks.com T-shirt then it should be a Gunks.com t-shirt!

ClimbingPartner.com should not be a part of it!

I understand that you are trying to get the site out there... but if I/we/me/us/them/they/he/she want a T-shirt for Gunks.com thats all it should be about. We might as well throw rockclimbing.com, neice.com and all those other boards about climbing onto the shirt...
Also since the climbingpartner.com site is supposed to be for all areas/regions/cliffs/crags/mts/boulders/gyms... it kinda makes the shirt less about the Gunks and more about... well... that site...

I think that this has been mentioned before in previous posts!

It's all good. Webmaster has reasons for putting the climbingpartner.com logo on the shirt and we all have the option of whether or not to buy the shirt. I, for one, won't.

#23293 - 08/23/06 08:53 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: learningtolead]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston
I agree with learningtolead - Evan should make the shirts however he pleases.

With that said, for whatever it's worth, I'd take a shirt if it said "(Almost) Anything Goes..." on the front and "...on Gunks.com" on the back. (or visa versa) It's clever, truly unique to the site, and has a sort of Vulgarian flavor.

Other than that, I wouldn't get a shirt.

Of course, my donation's happening either way, so probably better to go with something I *won't* like, and save yourself the cost of a Tee-shirt! LOL!

GO

#23294 - 08/24/06 01:05 AM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: GOclimb]
dalguard Offline
veteran

Loc: CT
An interesting point. What comes free with a donation is one thing. What we'd spend money for is another.

#23295 - 08/24/06 01:44 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: dalguard]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
indeed. I was happy to make my donation, and if a tee shirt comes of it, well, sure I'll take it. You can always keep it for washing the car...

#23296 - 08/25/06 10:26 PM Re: Vote for T-Shirt Design (poll ends Sunday 8/27) [Re: crackers]
Spiderman Offline
Site Supporter

Loc: Long Island N.Y.

so when can we start on next years shirt?

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored