Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#23390 - 09/13/06 02:43 AM Rural Character [Re: Smike]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
I am sure that Pamela appreciates you responding for her particularly since the arguements you make on her behalf are a good deal more "noble" than the "I don't want cars driving by my house" argument.

The hell with them driving by. I want the ones that are un-drivable. I'm still waiting for Smike to drop off the junk cars Ranger Rob burned up last year so both Smike and I can do our part to preserve Gardiner's rural character. After all, the latest greatest good in the preservation nomenklatura is now "rural character". The "Green Assets Program" of the Shawangunk Ridge Diversity of Bullshit Partnership has been helping towns around the Preserve understand how much they want to preserve their "rural character". This makes me wonder if any of these folks have ever lived in a rural area. Characteristics of rural areas include, in addition to open space: junk cars in the front yard (and the backyard too), trailer homes, alcoholism, and incest. Generally the more junk cars, trailers, family alcoholics, and inbred and/or bastard children you have, the greater your community stature.

I wonder, is this what the Gardiner/Preserve nomenklatura (I love this word) mean when they say they want the community to have rural character?

#23391 - 09/13/06 12:39 PM Re: Rural Character [Re: Kent]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

I am sure that Pamela appreciates you responding for her particularly since the arguements you make on her behalf are a good deal more "noble" than the "I don't want cars driving by my house" argument.

The hell with them driving by. I want the ones that are un-drivable. I'm still waiting for Smike to drop off the junk cars Ranger Rob burned up last year so both Smike and I can do our part to preserve Gardiner's rural character. After all, the latest greatest good in the preservation nomenklatura is now "rural character". The "Green Assets Program" of the Shawangunk Ridge Diversity of Bullshit Partnership has been helping towns around the Preserve understand how much they want to preserve their "rural character". This makes me wonder if any of these folks have ever lived in a rural area. Characteristics of rural areas include, in addition to open space: junk cars in the front yard (and the backyard too), trailer homes, alcoholism, and incest. Generally the more junk cars, trailers, family alcoholics, and inbred and/or bastard children you have, the greater your community stature.

I wonder, is this what the Gardiner/Preserve nomenklatura (I love this word) mean when they say they want the community to have rural character?

I could give a rat's ass about the nomenklatura and quite frankly your post is completely irrelevant to the quote of mine that you snipped to reply to. Just yet another example of your grandstanding to a group of people that quite frankly don't care.

#23392 - 09/13/06 01:17 PM Re: Rural Character [Re: strat]
Kent Offline
old hand

Strat. That was meant to be funny rather than snippy. Go back to your woodchuck. That's meant to be funny too.

And Sam, there are quite a few people who do care.

Edited by Kent (09/13/06 01:41 PM)

#23393 - 09/14/06 01:45 AM Re: Rural Character [Re: Kent]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
That was two quite frankly's for Strat in that post. Who does he think he is Wret Butler?

Kent, along with the junk cars you forgot to mention the burning of every substance known to mankind in the backyard, lots of kitchen appliances on the porch, and 6 brand new ATV's in the garage with trails from their property onto that newly acquired open space.

#23394 - 09/14/06 05:03 AM Re: Rural Character [Re: RangerRob]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

That was two quite frankly's for Strat in that post. Who does he think he is Wret Butler?

[Ed. note: Rhett, not Wret.]

#23395 - 09/14/06 12:27 PM Re: Rural Character [Re: RangerRob]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
Quote:

Kent, along with the junk cars you forgot to mention the burning of every substance known to mankind in the backyard, lots of kitchen appliances on the porch, and 6 brand new ATV's in the garage with trails from their property onto that newly acquired open space.

Lets not forget the perpetual yard sale in the front yard to complete the “rural experience”

#23396 - 09/14/06 08:42 PM Re: Rural Character [Re: Smike]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
You would think in this day and age of instant information access I would be able to look up the spelling of the guys name before I posted it, right? YES I am just that lazy AND stupid! To tell you the truth I just guessed at his name. I'm kinda happy I got it right

RR

P.S. Have you seen the people down the road from me Strat? They've been having a moving sale for 3 years now

#23397 - 09/15/06 08:13 PM Re: Rural Character [Re: RangerRob]
Kent Offline
old hand

To add to the laundry list for the sought after "rural character" we need the quarry, quarry swimming hole, and Walmart as planned in the other thread.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored