Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#24848 - 10/18/06 01:51 AM Overlook Parking
jakedatc Offline
enthusiast

Gotta love folks who take advantage of the rules and then brag about it..

ScottyJ wrote:
Quote:

For all of those who herd rumours and and blah blah blah and stuff heres the deal as of right now (cause we watched the cop doing it yesterday). If you park at the 30 min parking areas, just be inside the actual space there. If your car is sticking out onto the road at all (even when its all the way on the shoulder) thats what they are ticketing. Allthough today it was kind of unfair for the people who got them because the trapps parking was FULL ;{}[.quote]
Quote:

or they can be cool and let people park there cause there is no reason for them to have a 30 minute rule there.....

Quote:

hmm everyone seems to be way more sympathetic towards people who just want to stop and enjoy the view then me and all the other people who park there. Personally I could care less, I know locals who climb there every week and park there right along side me.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121124&start=0

maybe we're way off base over on RC.. what does the local board think of this guy?

Edited by jakedatc (10/18/06 01:52 AM)

#24849 - 10/18/06 04:18 PM Re: Overlook Parking [Re: jakedatc]
Coppertone Offline
old hand

Loc: Newtown, CT
Personally I think that anyone who parks there should be ticketed and with the constant and obvious all day parkers it is suprising that there is not constant ticketing. There are always spots available down by the visitor center and the bottom of the Warwasing lots. If those spots are inteded for 30 minutes then that is what they should be used for. If you are going to climb and hike all day is it really that difficult to walk a few extra minutes.

#24850 - 10/18/06 05:06 PM Re: Overlook Parking [Re: Coppertone]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
As you might suspect, there is a Laffer curve of sorts when it comes to fine revenue. If there is no penalty, there is no income. If the penalty is certain, no one will violate the law (no income). Somewhere in between no enforcement and perfect enforcement, there is an optimum degree of enforcement that will maximize revenue.

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored