Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#25522 - 11/03/06 08:33 PM Surfing. Better than climbing.
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Of course, both pursuants of both endeavors are mostly made up of arrogant jacknapes and a bunch of youngsters that grow less respect for previous particpants with each passing generation, but I think at the end of the day, surfing builds a stronger bond with its environment, has much less impact on same environment, and every wave is an onsight.

Climbers are to the planet as dog-shit is to shoes.

#25523 - 11/03/06 08:42 PM Re: Surfing. Better than climbing. [Re: drkodos]
learningtolead Offline
old hand

Loc: a wanna be kerhonkson-er

#25524 - 11/04/06 02:11 AM Re: Surfing. Better than climbing. [Re: learningtolead]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Is that a picture of a Troglodyte? If it is, was it implied that all climbers are troglodytes, or just ones named dorkos?

RR

#25525 - 11/04/06 11:03 AM Re: Surfing. Better than climbing. [Re: RangerRob]
yorick Offline
old hand

Loc: hamlet\'s hand
Brute in Advertising: full disclosure beta warning.

About ten years ago, in the binge of my second to last drinking spiral, I was conjuring a literary mountaineering journal called...Troglodyte. I was so into it I pledged a challenge grant on Philly's NPR affiliate during a fund-drive, requesting specifically that they not use my name when they announced the challenge, only the name of the journal. They used my name and, half into a bottle of Jamesons, I went berserk. Called the station, screamed at the fund-drive manager, blacked out. When I resurfaced, I was on my way to my girlfriend's stopping for a pack of smokes. Got into a fight in a 7-11. Someone grabbed my keys and called the cops. Got my single DWI, blowing a .22, followed by a .23, and by that time I hadn't had a drink in five hours.

Ah, the good old days.

#25526 - 11/04/06 10:01 PM Re: Surfing. Better than climbing. [Re: yorick]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Who knew one word could bring back such a flood of memories. Yorick, I think I like you better this way.

RR

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored