Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#26166 - 12/07/06 07:17 PM Warmlite products
chazman Offline
old hand

Has anyone ever used this gear? I came across them from another forum (telemark) and see they have a "climbing" tent. They have been in business since 1956 up in NH and to say the company looks a little weird is an under statement... all the gear "models" are naked . The stuff is way up there price wise... how about quality? and why does clothing seem optional to work there (check out the dowloadable pdf catalog to see what I mean)?

Warmlite

#26167 - 12/07/06 07:56 PM Re: Warmlite products [Re: chazman]
Frank Florence Offline
addict

Loc: moved to Bend
I've used a Stephenson 2 person tent in the Tetons. It worked very well under high wind conditions. Never got to evaluate it in very wet conditions. (That's not a complaint.) First rate construction and attention to detail.

The nude models have been a part of Warmlight catalogs since at least as far back as the 70s. Stephenson used to have his kids in those catalogs and I assume some of them are the now full-grown people in the current pictures. The nudity is consistent with Stephenson's views on how people should use his sleeping bags and vapor barrier system.

#26168 - 12/08/06 01:39 PM Re: Warmlite products [Re: Frank Florence]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
These tents are legend, although I've never bought one myself. He seems to have been an innovator of many details that other companies later incorporate.

#26169 - 12/08/06 04:23 PM Re: Warmlite products [Re: chazman]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
you might want to read weasel's story. Somewhere on his website he's got a collection of different people's experiences...it seems very hit or miss.

stephenson is a naturalist. he believes you should always be naked.

#26170 - 12/11/06 03:34 PM Re: Warmlite products [Re: crackers]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Wow! How not to get repeat customers.

Moderator:  daryl512 
Sponsored