Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#27405 - 02/26/07 07:30 PM Grivel G-14 frontpoint spacing... (x-post from n00b.com)
Tai Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Middle of nowhere: South Salem...
So, I'm trying to set up my GF's crampons in a way that she likes. Her G-14s have two options: dual-point with points wide and further back with the points being not very aggressive, and mono-point with the single point being further forward and more aggressive.

She would prefer dual-point, forward and aggressive. I could set it up easily enough - but I don't have the spacers.

My question is: does Grivel make spacer kits for such a set--up, or do I have to go in with a bunch of washers or cut the existing spacers to size? If I have to cut the spacers, does anyone have the specs?

Personally, I think she should just get M10s and have done, but... *shrug*

Thanks for any pertinent information on the subject.

T

#27406 - 02/27/07 07:06 AM Re: Grivel G-14 frontpoint spacing... (x-post from n00b.com) [Re: Tai]
Aya Offline
old hand

Loc: Climbing somewhere
You could just move the bail to the back hole so that the points are further forward. Actually, I find that with the bail in the back hole, when set up as monos, the frontpoints are too far forward, anyway.

#27407 - 02/27/07 02:12 PM Re: Grivel G-14 frontpoint spacing... (x-post from n00b.com) [Re: Aya]
Tai Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Middle of nowhere: South Salem...
Thanks, Aya. That's already been done (moving the bail). The main issue is the frontpoint angle when they're in dual-mode; she has to drop her heel too much for comfort when kicking in to get the teeth to engage. In mono-mode, the angle is more aggressive - but, there's only one point.

We talked it over, and will likely be selling the G-14s; she'll use my M-10s or Sarkens for the rest of the season and get something else for next season.

Anyone want to buy a pair of G-14s? Used - literally - four times, in excellent condition, freshly sharpened. Anti-bott plates installed.

Yes, Evan, I'll put that in the appropriate place.

T

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored