Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2771 - 07/19/01 08:47 PM The Prow (V 5.6 C2F), Washington Column, Yosemite Valley, California
gunkie Offline

Loc: New Hope, PA
If you're interested, I wrote a trip report for our most recent adventure at:

My Climbing Page

Click on the 'Prow (Yosemite Valley)' link to get to the trip report.

Gunkie

#2772 - 07/24/01 04:04 AM Re: The Prow (V 5.6 C2F), Washington Column, Yosemite Valley, California [Re: gunkie]
Eddie Offline
veteran

Loc: NP. NY
Well done Scott!
I met Greg when i was carrying loads to solo the prow. i wish he would have told me you were the 3rd guy! it would have been great to meet you in the valley.
I had a great time on the route! thanks to greg for the desent beta! he saved me. i made it in 3 hours! The catch was i had to do 2 carries to ghet my shit! so i had the "pleasure" of going both ways on the NDG!!! that sucked!
Skull queen was nmot as nice. the hauling was bad, ity would have been terrible to do solo! one pitch hauls through a tree!
The NDG still sucks! Time heals all!

This week has ZM on the list! now the east ledges.........
edddie

In Yosemite till Oct. hahahaahahaah

#2773 - 08/13/01 06:13 PM Re: The Prow (V 5.6 C2F), Washington Column, Yosemite Valley, California [Re: Eddie]
BobbyS Offline
enthusiast

Loc: None
Disregard Eddie's post. Skull Queen was a super wall I thought, but Eddie will never use the "F-word" (free climbing). We did not haul it either. The last pitch and the middle offwidth pitch feature superb free climbing. The rest of it is nice moderate aid.

#2774 - 08/14/01 09:08 PM Re: The Prow (V 5.6 C2F), Washington Column, Yosemite Valley, California [Re: BobbyS]
ktclimb Offline
addict

Loc: Adirondacks
yah--the prow is a nice rotue. we were just there last week, finishing that. the descent down the gully was not as fun however. Personally I sorta liked leaning tower better, mostly cause of the shade in the morning instead of the afternoon, and the descent wasn't so bad really.....

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored