Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#25861 - 11/22/06 07:03 PM Re: A critique of the so-called war on terrorism [Re: mworking]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Photographer?

What's that supposed to mean?

And, I know a very intelligent biologist who studies the silk made by spiders. He is very well read on polymers and polymer processing, but, I don't go to him for advice about polymer design. I go to him to learn about how the spider does it, but, not polymer design.

I guess I'm guilty of reading into your post. I read that you are posting this because you think that because the novelist says something means it must be so. I could be completely wrong. You might just be posting it because you find it interesting to hear a novelist's perspectives on things.

#25862 - 11/22/06 08:04 PM Re: A critique of the so-called war on terrorism [Re: strat]
mworking Offline
old hand

When a novelist tells me water is wet I agree with him. I don't doubt that that water is wet because he is a novelist. I get the idea you are commenting on something you haven't listened too.

PS: My first response/line was deleted long before your reply showed up here. Actually it should have only been up for a minute or two, but I noted that it was there in case someone did see it.

#25863 - 11/22/06 08:08 PM Re: A critique of the so-called war on terrorism [Re: mworking]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Whatever dude (or dudette whatever you are).

You still didn't answer what the word "Photographer" was supposed to mean in the response that you deleted.

And, there you go jumping to conclusions again- I did hear the NPR piece today. And I thought it was the drivel that you would expect from someone who writes fiction for a living commenting on the state of the planet.

#25864 - 11/22/06 08:12 PM Re: A critique of the so-called war on terrorism [Re: strat]
mworking Offline
old hand

Ok then? I disagree, though I suppose I might feel, the way you do if I did disagree. On the other hand I don't see how the parallels he draws are not relevant. and I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that some modern speech writer actually did use words that were originally Roman.

Edited by mworking (11/22/06 08:17 PM)

#25865 - 11/23/06 12:57 AM Re: A critique of the so-called war on terrorism [Re: mworking]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

You STILL have not addressed my direct question as to what you meant when you said "Photographer" in your now edited post.

#25866 - 11/25/06 03:48 AM Re: A critique of the so-called war on terrorism [Re: strat]
mworking Offline
old hand

It was stupid comment that at the time, to me, seemed similar to the one I was addressing. But, I very quickly decided that I did not really want to be antagonistic, and deleted it hoping no one had even seen it. Obviously you did.

#27981 - 03/30/07 08:33 PM Re: A critique of the so-called war on terrorism [Re: empicard]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored