Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#28246 - 04/12/07 08:46 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: strat]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
You mean there are nappyheaded hos in the Catholic Church too?

#28247 - 04/12/07 08:47 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: oenophore]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: oenophore

No, I mean that it ranks up there with his brand of hateful statements against religious populations with its implication that all catholic churches are staffed with pedophiles that receive oral sex from kids....

I find it strange that the very society that accepts this as a snicker-funny haha rejects nappyheaded ho on the radio? especially when one can turn the dial to a radio station that has songs that use the word ho over and over again.

Fucked up.

#28248 - 04/12/07 08:57 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: strat]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: strat
No, I mean that all Catholic Churches are staffed with pedophiles who receive oral sex from children.

It's a matter of public record that the Catholic Church has indeed hired pedophiles, knowingly kept them in positions of authority, and moved them to different locales to shield them from prosecution. Stating a fact is not the same as Imus' racial remarks. OTOH, the fabricated stained glass window is indeed in the same territory as Imus.

#28249 - 04/12/07 09:00 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: strat]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

No, I mean that it ranks up there with his brand of hateful statements against religious populations with its implication that all catholic churches are staffed with pedophiles that receive oral sex from kids....

I find it strange that the very society that accepts this as a snicker-funny haha rejects nappyheaded ho on the radio? especially when one can turn the dial to a radio station that has songs that use the word ho over and over again.

Fucked up.
I fully agree. Fucked-up describes so much in our culture.

OTOH, the fabricated stained glass window is indeed in the same territory as Imus.

I received that picture in an e-letter some years ago and thought it may rate a laugh in this context. In my opinion, the stained glass window isn't a put-up job but a photo of a real one whose designer didn't think about another thing the window might depict.

#28250 - 04/12/07 09:11 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: strat]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

...especially when one can turn the dial to a radio station that has songs that use the word ho over and over again.

At least some folks are examining just that point.

Here's one op-ed about it.

In 2005, Essence Magazine started the Take Back The Music campaign.

Pam Spaulding in her Pandagon Blog has this to say.

#28357 - 04/18/07 05:06 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: MarcC]
pitfall Offline
old hand

Loc: Albany
[/quote]It's a matter of public record that the Catholic Church has indeed hired pedophiles, knowingly kept them in positions of authority, and moved them to different locales to shield them from prosecution. Stating a fact is not the same as Imus' racial remarks. OTOH, the fabricated stained glass window is indeed in the same territory as Imus. [/quote]

It's also a matter of public record that at least two of the basketball players who spoke out against Imus were pretty damn nappy headed.

Edited by pitfall (04/18/07 05:07 PM)

#28379 - 04/19/07 11:01 AM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: Dad4Trad]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Dad4Trad
C4C,

I guess the first question should have been are there any church friendly climbers? ;\) Anyway, there are a few of us. I am sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I know of at least 4 climbers going to our church this morning. You would have been more than welcome regardless of your clothing. I know one that is wearing jeans and sandals. No big deal.

I guess we should expect these kinds of replies because as a whole, the Christian church has not been very gracious. Shame on us. I hope you had a worshipful experience at the Luthern church. Happy Easter.

D4T
Pious climbers, it seems, are in good company.

#28403 - 04/19/07 05:15 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: oenophore]
C4C Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Dad4Trad
C4C,

I guess the first question should have been are there any church friendly climbers? ;\) Anyway, there are a few of us. I am sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I know of at least 4 climbers going to our church this morning. You would have been more than welcome regardless of your clothing. I know one that is wearing jeans and sandals. No big deal.

I guess we should expect these kinds of replies because as a whole, the Christian church has not been very gracious. Shame on us. I hope you had a worshipful experience at the Luthern church. Happy Easter.

D4T
Pious climbers, it seems, are in good company.
I'm not sure I follow your meaning/intention.

#28405 - 04/19/07 05:20 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: C4C]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
Just a guess here... but I think wine bucket was trying to point out that there are some relatively famous climbers that embrace religion...

Interesting grave marker from the site:

#28420 - 04/19/07 07:01 PM Re: Climber friendly churches near the gunks? [Re: Dillbag]
C4C Offline
stranger

Oh you mean like Tobin Sorenson?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored