Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#28509 - 04/23/07 11:57 PM So I was browsing ebay....
Tuwie Offline
stranger

Loc: Albany
OMG, has anything on there ever taking a fall?

It seems the standard listing requirements are such that you must state your item has:

A. Never taken a lead fall.

OR

B. Never been placed.

Now I have grown to love ebay over the years for many things in everyday life at some great prices. But for climbing gear, especially protection pieces, unless its new with tags I will buy it at the local store.

I have seen others comment on here and other forums about the same statementson ebay. I guess this is a pointless post kinda, just felt like venting a little as I kill some time.

#28510 - 04/24/07 02:10 AM Re: So I was browsing ebay.... [Re: Tuwie]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Ah, you must have missed the old rope I sold there a year or so ago. Something like "Has held numerous falls, there's a big mushy flat spot near one end, the rest is so puffy and fat that it doesn't fit through the slots of a belay device and the sheath slips badly and bunches up if you try to rap on it". Still it was a pretty color and from a top notch manufacturer, so I got something like $30 for it. \:\)

Hopefully it's gracing the floor of someone's study by now.

#28511 - 04/24/07 02:12 AM Re: So I was browsing ebay.... [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Chooch Offline
old hand

Loc: South East PA
That is AWESOME. Sold worn out gear and even listed it as such.
People will buy anything.

Did you include any stories with it?

#28512 - 04/24/07 10:00 AM Re: So I was browsing ebay.... [Re: Chooch]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
No, no stories with it. People buy old climbing ropes because strong nylon ropes of any other type are crazy expensive. The buyer for my rope got the rope at 20 cents/foot (more or less). Go to a sailing shop and order a new dockline; I bet it's 5x that price.

Moderator:  daryl512 
Sponsored